23rd November 2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an IPS officer?

Sir, I am a student of 11th class and I have got 87% marks in 10th. I want to join IPS coaching centre in my surrounding. What should I do in future Sir?

23rd November 2016, 04:44 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a student of 11th class and I have got 87% marks in 10th. I want to join IPS coaching centre in my surrounding. What should I do in future Sir?

You have to first study and pass the graduation in any discipline to become an IPS Officer. To become an IPS Officer, you have to appear for the civil service examination conducted by the UPSC. The civil service examination has three parts. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. So for appearing for the Preliminary Examination, you should be a graduate. After clearing the preliminary examination, you can appear for Main examination and finally interview. So concentrate on your studies up to graduation. At the time of graduation, you can start to prepare for the civil service examinations.
23rd November 2016, 07:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer being a 11th standard student, you need to apply for Indian Civil Services examination after completion of your Graduation. The IPS examination is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you should have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You should have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You should be within 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
23rd November 2016, 08:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer you need to crack UPSC civil services exam after your graduation. There is no other way to do it. Just concentrate on your studies at the moment and prepare for IAS exam along with it according to your syllabus.

You can contact coaching centers around you, if you are interested in studying through coaching classes. You can choose the kind of course that suits your financial condition.
23rd November 2016, 10:00 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

It is very good that you have taken an early initiative for your career. You can become Indian Police Services officer by clearing Civil Services examination. The academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree.

You can apply for this examination after bachelor's degree only. The minimum age limit is 21 years. The best time to join Civil Services exam coaching is in second year of bachelor's degree.

In first year of bachelor's degree, you should prepare and read basic NCERT books and then in second year join coaching for good concepts and read standard books and then in final year, revise all concepts and your notes and apply for this examination. There are many good institutes in New Delhi for this exam preparation, you can join any coaching for better preparation.
23rd November 2016, 11:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for the recruitment as an I.P.S officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted every year by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and the age limit to appear for the examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

The examination is among the toughest examination so you have to study with determination, dedication and devotion to qualify in examination.

From now you need to go through NCERT books, Current Affairs. If you want to join coaching institute you can join the one in which you want as there is no minimum required criteria for admission in it.
24th November 2016, 01:09 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IPS officer, you should have completed your graduation from a recognized university. Your age should not be below 21 years and should not exceed 32 years in any case.

You will have to appear for Civil service examination conducted by UPSC every year and can become an IPS officer after clearing the examination and the SSB followed by it.
24th November 2016, 12:52 PM
mahetuty
Member+

To become an IPS officer you must pass the Civil Service Examination which is conducting UPSC. The UPSC GROUP I exam having two tiers i.e prelieminary and mains.If you preliems then only qualify to write the mains. The basic qualification for write the preliems is must complete any degree in any recognized university in india. Further the final round of interview and also CV and finally merit list will be prepared for various posts. The ranking also will be publish in the official website of upsc.gov.in then you can verify your position. For IPS posting, you also must pass in the physical exams. But the written exam is common for all group I civil services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?