14th April 2017, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PCS exam after retiring from Indian Army after 17 years of service?

Sir, I am L/Nk Laxman Ghigh Gusain. I am exserviceman from Indian Army with under 17 year color services completed. After retirement I got GRADUATION completed with English and professional qualification COMPUTER diploma in Indian army under courses. Obtained and class 10th first division pass and 12th science subject is passed .
Sir can me apply PCS. I am at present time an age 37 years and my caste is OBC. I belong to uttarakhand chamoli . My experience duty security for Indian country defense.
Give me sir information age limit ex-army persons how.
Yours
Faithfully
EX army L/Nk
Laxman Singh Gusain

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply in SBI PO exam for Indian Army Aviation Officer?
  2. Can I apply for SI or ASI post after retiring from army at the age of 45 years?
  3. Can I apply for ASM/TTE after retiring from army with 18 years of experience?
  4. RPF or any supervisory level jobs in Railway after retiring from Army at the age of 50 years?
  5. Can I appear for PCS exam at the age of 32 years?
  6. How to join Uttarakhand Police after retiring from Army?
  7. What kind of job can I get in officers training academy after completing BSc computers?
  8. Eligibility criteria of PC(SL) Entry of Indian Army for a Soldier who completed 15 years of service? How to apply for it?
  9. Can I apply for any job after retiring from Army at the age of 42 years?
  10. How to apply for SI post in Indian Army if retired from JCO post of Indian Army?
  11. Can an Indian Army Storekeeper apply for ACC after 1 year of service?
  12. Can I apply for SI post in MP police after 17 years of service in Indian army?
  13. Can I apply for SI of Assam Police being an Indian Army member during my service?
  14. Can I get reputed job in Private Sector after retiring from Indian Army being a 48 years old B.Sc(Physics) graduate?
  15. Can I apply for DYSP exam in maharashtra MPSC for Ex Army Quota? I am from Indian Army -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to apply for civil government job after completion of 5 years service in Indian Army?
  17. Procedure to join Indian Army for 22 years old B.Com candidate? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?
  18. Re-Employment in Indian Railways for 30 years experience Army personnel?
14th April 2017, 10:09 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PCS exam after retiring from Indian Army after 17 years of service?

Age Criteria required to appear in PCS Examination:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in Public Service Commission Examination. The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in PCS examination is given below.

>> Minimum Age Required - 21 years

>> Maximum Age Allowed - 40 years

There will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government norms and as you are from OBC category you will be given 3 years extra age relaxation. Besides this, as you are an Ex servicemen there is a possibility for you to get extra age relaxation under this Ex-Servicemen category.
14th April 2017, 09:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PCS exam after retiring from Indian Army after 17 years of service?

The age limit for UK PCS examination is as below:

>>General candidate: 21-42 years.

>>OBC candidate: 21-45 years.

>>SC/ST candidates: 21-47 years.

Yes, you can apply for UKPCS examination at age of 37 years. You need to wait for next year examination notification as this year exam has already been conducted.
14th April 2017, 09:34 PM
kalamrockz

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for most of the jobs in PCS after having attained the age of 37 years, as the maximum age limit to apply for PSC jobs is 35 years.

You can however, try to apply for various jobs in railways, as most of the jobs have a higher age criteria, mostly for retired personnels.
14th April 2017, 11:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is age relaxation available for ex-servicemen category and if you fulfill the age criteria for PCS exam, then surely you can apply for it. Just make sure you have graduation qualification.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the state public service commission.
20th May 2018, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for WBCS exam after retiring from Indian Air force after 19 years of service at the age of 38?
24th May 2018, 04:38 PM
laldeepack
Junior Member+

Hi Sir / Medam,

Yes, You are eligible for PCS Examination at age of 37 years.

PCS Exam Age limit::

1. General Candidates : 21 to 42 years.

2. OBC Candidates : 21 to 45 years

3. SC / ST Candidates: 21 to 47 years.

All the best..............
16th October 2019, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

I am graduat in science and serving in army . My age is 39 so can attend UP PCS in art subject
15th June 2020, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the benefits of unit education instructor course to apply for primary teacher in Harya
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?