28th September 2015, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Possibilities of joining Army at 42 years age?

I am BE graduate and also done post graduate diploma in business management. I have 15 years of work experience and also working currently in reputed organisation. I want to serve in Indian army. My DOB is 2nd Oct 1973.
Can i join Army at this age.
Thanks & Regards

29th September 2015, 12:29 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibilities of joining Army at 42 years age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am BE graduate and also done post graduate diploma in business management. I have 15 years of work experience and also working currently in reputed organisation. I want to serve in Indian army. My DOB is 2nd Oct 1973.
Thanks & Regards
No, you are not eligible for joining in Indian army which is known as one of the defence force of India. For joining in this force you need to apply for entrance exam and for which you would need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for the respected exams.

There are many entrance exams which are held for candidates to join in defence forces based on the qualification which they possess but in the case of yours, you cannot apply for any of the entrance exam as you are not satisfying the age limit needed for any of the exams. You have exceeded the age limit needed for applying for entrance exams which makes you ineligible for joining in Indian army at this stage.
29th September 2015, 10:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks & Regards
As per your age criteria, you can't apply in Indian Army.

Your age should be in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years to join Indian Army through NDA exam.

Age criteria for CDS exam for Indian Army post-

Indian Military Academy:-

Your age should be in between 19 and 24 years.

Officer's Training Academy:-

Your age should be in between 19 and 25 years.
29th September 2015, 11:49 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no possibility for you to join Indian Army at the age of 42 years. Some of the entrance exams for joining Indian Army and their age limit is as below:

1. NDA/NA entrance exam: 16.5-19.5 years.

2. CDS exam: For IMA it is 19-24 years and for OTA is 19-25 years.

3. Technical Graduate Entry: 19-24 years.

So, you can not join Indian Army at the age of 42 years.
29th September 2015, 04:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is not much option for you now because of your age and there isn't any job in Indian Army for this age group. There is territorial army for which age should be between 18 to 42 years but you seem to have completed your 42 years means you are not eligible now.

Normally, territorial army is the best option for professionals who have experience but higher age.
29th September 2015, 05:42 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to say this but you are not eligible to join the Indian Army.
There is no post in the Indian Army where there is a recruitment for aspiring candidates who at present is 42 years old.
So you must think of something else as there is no way you can join the Indian Army now.
29th September 2015, 07:32 PM
DSP@1

There are two exams you have to clear to get into Indian army which are as follows.
1.NDA &
2.CDS.

For NDA exam
Age limit is 16-19 years

For CDS exam
Age limit is 19-25 years.

The age limits for other fields which are somewhat related to Indian Army are as follows.

Indian Military Academy 19-24 years,
Air Force Academy 19-23 years,
Naval Academy 19-22 years,
Officers' Training Academy 19-25 years,

As you are 42 years old,I am sorry that you are not eligible for any post in Indian Army or it's related fields.

18th September 2020, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

My age is 28 can I apply to join Indian army , please Mechanical engineer passed out in 2015.
30th June 2023, 09:20 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

The possibilities of joining the army at 42 years of age may be limited due to the age requirements and physical demands of military service.

In most countries, including India, the age limit for joining the regular army is generally between 17.5 to 23 years for entry-level positions.

However, there may be exceptions or specific provisions for certain roles or positions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?