1st June 2015, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I get a job as lecturer in government engineering college with 54% marks in B.Tech?

I'm belonging to ST category.Can I get a job as a lecturer in government engineering college in Kerala. I've only 54.8% marks in my B.Tech? Can you please provide me the details on the same? I wanted to know if I can get the job or not?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Whether ME degree is necessary for Lecturer job in government engineering college?
  2. How to become a lecturer in government college after securing 78% aggregate in B.Tech and 81% in 12th? How to get a government job?
  3. How to get Computer Science lecturer job in Government Engineering colleges? Minimum required qualification?
  4. How may I get a lecturer job in engineering colleges in Lucknow? Provide list of all private and government engineering colleges in Lucknow
  5. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  6. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  7. What is the procedure followed to get a government lecturer job? -- [New]
  8. After scoring 78% aggregate in B.Tech and 81% in 12th can I get a lecturer in government college? How do I get a government job?
  9. How to get lecturer job in any Government college?
  10. What should I do to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college?
  11. Can I pursue Ph.D course in English without leaving my Job as Lecturer in Engineering College?
  12. Whether MCA graduate is eligible to become an Assistant professor in B.Sc(Computer Science) colleges?
  13. Can I be a lecturer in a government college if I score around 60% marks in NET exam? Procedure to join Government College?
  14. How to join as a lecturer in government engineering college or Aided Engineering college
  15. What is the eligibility to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is it a good idea to do a job as a lecturer in Government Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi? How to apply and what are the requirements to become a lecturer in Polytechnic colleges?
  17. How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?
  18. What is the procedure to follow to get the Government job of lecturer in Fashion designing?
2nd June 2015, 01:17 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job as lecturer in government engineering college with 54% marks in B.Tech?

The candidate who wish to apply for Lecturer job in government colleges need appear for National Eligibility Test (NET) exam conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC).

The candidate's who qualified in the exam are eligible for lecturer job in central government colleges.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate need to possess Post graduate degree/ Masters degree with 55% mark in any field to apply for NET exam.

* Candidate's with Under graduate degree are not eligible to apply.

* Candidate's with reserved category like SC/ ST should have 50% marks without round off is the minimum requirement in their Post graduation course.

* As per UGC rules, there is no age limit for the lecturer job.
2nd June 2015, 02:41 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job as lecturer in government engineering college with 54% marks in B.Tech?

Yes dear you will definitely get a lecturer job in Engineering colleges with your percentage in B.Tech. In fact, you must have secured minimum 55% of marks from the recognized University throughout graduation and Master's.

According to that you are not eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer. But being a student of ST you have a Percentage relaxation of about 5% (i.e., 50% of marks) .

More over you should complete M.Tech/M.E from the recognized University with minimum 55% of marks. As per the norms of UGC you must posses the above Eligibility to become a " Lecturer " in government colleges.

In fact for every state there is a Separate exam to get a job in lecturer job. But it varies from state to state.

In kerala you can apply for Lecturer jobs with NET score. Actually NET is the National level Examination. Based on the score in NET you will have a chance to apply for any state government engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?