12th March 2015, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I join CDS examination after completing graduation in Hotel Management?

Well someone tell me that can i apply for cds examination after completing my graduation in hotel management...?

14th March 2015, 10:20 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join CDS examination after completing graduation in Hotel Management?

Yes, you can certainly apply for CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination) after completion of Graduation in Hotel Management. But you are allowed to apply only for "IMA" (Indian Military Academy) and "OTA" (Officer Training Academy) cadres and Not for Air Force and Naval Academies. CDS Examination is conducted for admission into several cadres namely,
* Indian Military Academy
* Officers Training Academy
* Naval Academy
* Air Force Academy

Educational Qualification Required:

>> For Officer Training Academy: Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent

>> For Indian Military Academy: Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent

>> For Naval Academy: B.Sc with Physics & Mathematics (Or) Bachelor of Engineering

>> For Air Force Academy: B.Sc with Physics and/ Or Mathematics Or Bachelor of Engineering
14th March 2015, 02:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join CDS examination after completing graduation in Hotel Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well someone tell me that can i apply for cds examination after completing my graduation in hotel management...?
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam because you have completed graduation degree in Hotel Management.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st March 2015, 11:17 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear but you have a chance to apply only for Indian Army and Officer's Training Academy through CDS Examination.Since remaining wings not recruits the candidates who have the Normal degree means not having Maths ,Physics as Subjects.

For Indian Army any graduate or equivalent examination passed students are eligible.The Age should be in between 19 to 24 years for Indian Military Academy and 19 to 25 years for Officer's Training Academy.

Final year students of graduation are not eligible to apply for CDS examination.
31st March 2015, 10:19 PM
Ashwakh

It depends upon your Graduation . If you are doing your Graduation from a Recognised university , then you can apply for the CDS exam . If not , you are not eligible for the exam .

CDS exam will be conducted by Union Public service commission of India. The exam will held Two times in every year. There are also a lot of coaching centres all over india to get coaching for this exam .

Note that , to apply for the exam ,

~ Your age shouldbe in between 19-22 years for Navy
~ Your age shouldbe in between 19-23 years , for Airforce
~ Your age shouldbe in between 19-24 years for Army
~ Your age shouldbe in between 19-25 years for OTA
~ You shouldbe a citizen of India
22nd January 2019, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I join ota after my hotel management degree which is extended for 1 year , my course was for 4 years but I completed in 5 years please give some feedback and suggestions
15th April 2019, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

I'm a hotel management graduate and i have maths and physics in my 10 2, am i eligible for Air Force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?