17th September 2017, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army at the age of 26 years?

Hello Sir, my aim is Indian army. I am diploma pass out in Pusa polytechnic institute for government college in automobile engineering branch. I want to joining Indian army but my age 26.

17th September 2017, 05:43 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army at the age of 26 years?

As per my knowledge you are not eligible for Indian army as the upper age limit of all kind of army exams is 25 years and your age is 26 years so you can't join Indian army. Thanks
17th September 2017, 07:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army at the age of 26 years. The maximum age limit to join Indian Army is 24 years. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university and those who are unmarried male candidates are eligible to join Indian Army through CDS examination. Since, you have already crossed the maximum age limit of 24 years, you are not eligible to join Indian Army.
17th September 2017, 11:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

At the age of 26 years you cannot apply for defence service exam.

Your age is over now. According CDS criteria maximum age limit is 19 to 25 years.

You are also not eligible for the ground and flying duty of CDS exam

But you can apply for the technical branch of air force through AFCT exam. But for this branch you should have B.Tech degree from Aeronautical branch.

The age limit for technical branch is 18 to 28 years.

Therefore you are ineligible for defence services .

In my view you should apply for other government jobs like :-

SSC

UPSC and State PSC services.
17th September 2017, 11:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a diploma in automobile engineering and 26 years old you are neither eligible for officer's entry nor for soldier entry in Indian Army as the maximum age limit for joining defense services as an officer is 25 years and for joining as a soldier is 23 years for a candidate holding a degree equivalent to higher secondary school degree.

Further I would like to mention here that you can become eligible for the post Junior Commissioned Officer Religious Teacher (All Arms) for which the age limit is 27 years to 34 years by completing your bachelor degree in any discipline. In addition requisite qualification in your own religious denomination is also required.

For more details regarding the different types of entries in Indian Army you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
20th September 2017, 08:55 PM
sapphire1

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for Indian army as you have crossed the maximum age limit. as you have done diploma in automobile engineering then you are not eligible to apply for officer grade for soldier.

For junior commissioned officer for religios teacher graduation is needed and the age limit for this post is 27 years.
8th August 2023, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in Mechanical engineering in 2021.I have 26 years old can I join defence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?