21st August 2014, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy having Indian COC and B.Sc degree in Nautical Science?

Sir, i am navigating officer in merchant navy with indian COC and also a graduate in Bsc Nautical Science and i am 26 yrs old. Can i join indian navy?

8th September 2014, 06:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy having Indian COC and B.Sc degree in Nautical Science?

To join in Indian navy, you must appear for the CDS exam. The CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year for the candidates who are interested to join in Indian army, navy and air force.

CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria :-

The following is the required eligibility criteria required to appear for the CDS (Indian Navy) exam :-

1. Nationality :- You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :- 19-22 years

3. Educational Qualification :- You must possess the bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognised university.

4. Physical Standards :- You must be physically fit according to physical standards according to the notification released by the UPSC for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination.

However, you are not eligible to join in Indian Navy because you are not eligible to appear for the CDS exam, since, you are not a graduate in Engineering course and also you have crossed the age limit required to appear for the CDS (Indian Navy) Exam.
10th June 2018, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy having Indian COC and B.Sc degree in Nautical Science?

I am 22 years old, having degree in nautical science, can I join Indian coast guard ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?