5th September 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Naval Academy after completing Polytechnic in Mechanical?

Dear Sir

Is it possible to join Naval Academy after completing Polytechnic in Mechanical if so what is the procedure, and facility in Naval Academy. Please send necessary information for us.

Thanking you

Yours sincerely
VIGNESH RAVEENDRAN

6th September 2014, 10:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Naval Academy after completing Polytechnic in Mechanical?

No, you cannot join in Naval Academy after completion of Polytechnic in Mechanical course. The candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to join in the Naval Academy by appearing and qualifying in the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year for the candidates who are interested to join in the Indian army, navy and air force.

Eligibility Criteria :-

To appear for the NDA exam, you need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You mustbe an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be physically and mentally fit as per the notification released by the UPSC for the NDA exam.

Since you have completed Polytechnic in Mechanical course, you are not eligible to appear for
6th September 2014, 11:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Naval Academy after completing Polytechnic in Mechanical?

Diploma in Engineering holders are not eligible for any Naval Academy. But, if you complete B.Tech then you will become eligible for Naval Academy through CDS examination, which is conducted by UPSC two time in a year.

Hence, you can get admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry scheme and after completion you will be eligible for CDS examination. Just take care that you have the require age for Naval Academy.

Age limit for different academies through CDS exam is mentioned below.

Indian Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years
Indian Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years
Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years
Officers Training Academy : 19 to 25 years

Selection is purely on merit and you need to score top marks in Written Exam, SSB and Medical Examination.

For more information visit http://nausena-bharti.nic.in
7th September 2014, 11:02 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir

Is it possible to join Naval Academy after completing Polytechnic in Mechanical if so what is the procedure, and facility in Naval Academy. Please send necessary information for us.

Thanking you

Yours sincerely
VIGNESH RAVEENDRAN

Yeah you can join in Indian Navy after completing Polytechnic in Mechanical as it has the same value as +2.With this qualification of yours you can apply for the NDA exam which offers you opportunity to join in Indian Navy.

The qualification which are needed are that as per the Nationality standard it is that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India and the martial status needed for the exam is that the candidate should be a Unmarried male candidate.The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 16 1/2-19 years of age.The candidate need to be Physically fit.

If you satisfy all these criteria for the exam then you can apply for the NDA exam.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
24th July 2015, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Naval Academy after completing Polytechnic in Computer Engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?