30th April 2017, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exams are to be given to become an Architect after 10th?

I am a 11 student and I took PCM but what to do after that. My friends are taking IIT coaching for their future but for which thing I should prepare to become an architect?? Which tests or exams I need to qualify? 😐

Related Questions:
  1. Which entrance exams are to be given to become an Architect after 10th? -- [New]
  2. Admission in Diploma Architect is possible after 10th? Is entrance exam necessary for admission in Mumbai? Degree course can be done after Diploma?
  3. Necessity of doing diploma for Architect? Is there any diploma course for Architect? Is it good to do B.Arch or M.Arch for becoming Architect?
  4. Can I pursue my career as Architect in US having experience as Freelance Architect in India?
  5. Qualifications required to be an architect in abroad? Entrance exams details for the same.
  6. Is it necessary to do Diploma for becoming Architect? Is it good to do graduation and post graduation in Architecture to become an Architect?
  7. Which Entrance Exams to write to become an Architect?
  8. How to become an Architect after passing 10th?
  9. What type of Architect entrance exams are available in Mumbai other than JEE
  10. What should I do after completion of 10th to become an Architect in future?
  11. Which course should I pursue to become an Architect? Which stream should I choose in class 12th?
  12. Admission in Architect course is possible after passing 10th? How much percentage is required in 10th and names of the recommended universities?
  13. Which stream to choose after 10th among Science, Commerce or Arts in order to become an Architect?
  14. Diploma in architect after passing 10th?
  15. Date of WBCS Prelims exam 2015?
  16. Which stream should I choose to become an Architect after class 10th from CBSE board
  17. Can I do diploma in Architect after passing 10th?
  18. Is it possible to become an Architect through Polytechnic course for 10th student? Procedure to get admission?
30th April 2017, 06:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exams are to be given to become an Architect after 10th?

Being a student of Class 11th to become an architect in future you need to pursue Bachelor of Architect ( B.Arch. ) degree course in future for which the minimum educational required is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics as main subject with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

Further to pursue the same degree course from top architectural colleges you need to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) Paper II and NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ). JEE is basically concerned with offering admission in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, etc. where as for NATA is concerned with offering admission in other top architectural colleges.

For more details about the question pattern f JEE and NATA you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in and www.nata.in respectively.
30th April 2017, 06:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exams are to be given to become an Architect after 10th?

NATA stands for National Aptitude Test for Architect and examination is conducted for admission of candidates in B.Arch course in different institutes.

You can also appear for JEE Main paper 2 ( B.Arch ) to get admission in IITs and NITs.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as main paper with atleast 50%.

So, start preparation for examination to get admission.
30th April 2017, 06:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue Architect course after 12th. NATA stands for National Aptitude Test for Architect course.

So, you should start preparation for NATA. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper with minimum 50%.

The examination is conducted for admission in different institutes in B.Arch course.
30th April 2017, 07:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Architecture is:

1. You must have either done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject or appearing for board exams.

2. The minimum age limit is 17 years for B.Arch.

Entrance examination for Bachelor of Architecture:

Joint Entrance Examination Main.

National Aptitude Test in Architecture.

You can prepare for both of these examination to get admission in Bachelor of Architecture and become Architect.
30th April 2017, 08:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Since you are interested to be architect in future so you need to pursue B.Arch degree course after your higher secondary school degree.

B.Arch refers to Bachelor of Architecture and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of five and a half year after completing which you will head towards becoming an architect.

Further for pursuing the same course you need to complete your Class 12th academics with at least 50% aggregate with Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

Also for admission in top architectural colleges you need to qualify national level entrance examinations like JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) Paper II or NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ).

For more information regarding JEE and NATA you can refer to their respective official links which are www.jeemain.nic.in and www.nata.in.
30th April 2017, 08:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing Bachelor in Architect course candidates can appear and qualify in :-

NATA ( National Aptitude Test for Architect ).

JEE Main Paper -2.

The basic eligibility to appear for both examination is candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper and have scored atleast 50% in board examination.

So, you must start preparation of these examination as like your friends who are preparing for IIT's.
30th April 2017, 09:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The qualification required for joining undergraduate courses in Architecture are:

You have opted for PCM subject and it is required to apply for Bachelor of Architecture entrance examination. You should score at least 50% marks in 10+2 to apply for given below entrance exams:

National Aptitude Test in Architecture.

Joint Entrance Examination.

You should prepare for both of these exams with hard work to get good rank for admission in good college.
30th April 2017, 10:31 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed their intermediate from a recognized university.

Candidate must have from PCM stream that is Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in Intermediate.

Candidate must have to clear NATA entrance exam. NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
30th April 2017, 10:38 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Entrance Examinations to be appeared in order to become an Architect after completion of 10th Class:

There are several Entrance Examinations which you have to appear in. Some of the top Architectural Entrance Examination's are,

>> National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)

>> Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)

For Appearing in the above listed examinations, you must have completed 12th Class with the below mentioned subjects in 10+2 pattern.

* Physics
* Chemistry
* Mathematics

>> As you are doing 11th Class with PCM Subjects, I suggest you to pursue 12th Class and then you can appear in JEE Examination or else you can appear in the above mentioned entrance examination in order to get admission into B.Arch course.
30th April 2017, 11:03 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 11 student and I took PCM but what to do after that. My friends are taking IIT coaching for their future but for which thing I should prepare to become an architect?? Which tests or exams I need to qualify? 😐
To be an architect, here I am presenting name of some entrance test which will lead you to be an architect in future.
1. KCET for architect.
2. NATA
3. JEE MAIN paper 2
4. AMU B.arch exam
5. COMEDK UGET
6. Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA)
7. Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) PG
8. Dr. MGR Educational And Research Institute University Entrance Exam (MGREEE)
9. Joint Entrance Examination (Main) Paper II
10. Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)
11. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
12. Sathyabama University Entrance Exam
13. SRM University Entrance Exam (SRMEE)
30th April 2017, 11:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The qualification required for entrance examination of Architecture is:

Academic qualification is 10+2 with PCM subjects. Minimum percentage of marks required is 50%.

You should prepare for entrance exams like Joint Entrance Examination and National Aptitude Test in Intelligence.
30th April 2017, 11:55 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The entrance exams for which you can apply after 10+2 for Bachelor of Architecture course is:

Joint Entrance Examination.

National Aptitude Test in Intelligence.

For both of these exams, candidate should have at least 50% in board examination. You can qualify any of these exam to get admission in B.Arch.
1st May 2017, 12:13 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification required to apply for B.Arch course is 10+2 with PCM subjects. The entrance examination to become Architect is Joint Entrance examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Second examination is NATA by Council of Architecture.

Prepare for both these exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?