23rd December 2017, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I write IAS exam in Kannada medium after mechanical engineering? Is there any passing percentage required?

Sir I'm studying mechanical engineering and after this, can I write IAS exam or not and is there any minimum passing percentage required? I want to write exam in Kannada only. Please, tell me about it clearly and thank you Sir.

23rd December 2017, 08:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write IAS exam in Kannada medium after mechanical engineering? Is there any passing percentage required?

Yes, you can write IAS examination in Kannada medium after completion of your Mechanical Engineering course. IAS examination is conducted in English, Hindi and all other regional languages. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline and those who are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for IAS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for IAS examination. No specific percentage criteria in Bachelor's degree course is required to apply for IAS examination.
24th December 2017, 11:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write IAS exam in Kannada medium after mechanical engineering? Is there any passing percentage required?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for the IAS examination after the completion of Mechanical Engineering course, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University can apply for the IAS examination. There is no fixed percentage required to appear in the said examination.
Yes, definitely you can write the examination in Kannada language as the above mentioned examination is held in several regional languages.
31st December 2017, 08:08 AM
nishanth60

Yes, you can apply and write the IAS examination after the completion of mechanical engineering and also you can write it in Karnataka medium.
IAS exam is a part of civil services examination conducted by UPSC every year to recruit candidates for administrative and police services.
# Eligibility for IAS exam :
-> The educational qualification required is Bachelor degree in any stream or an equivalent examination from UGC approved institution or university.
-> And age limit to apply is 21-32 years for General category candidates and age relaxations are : 3 years for OBC category, 5 years for SC and ST candidates, 10 years for PWD candidates.
-> And number of attempts allowed are :
* 6 times for General category
* 9 times for OBC candidates
* No limit for SC and ST candidates.
# And the recruitment procedure of this exam is preliminary exam(objective type), main exam(descriptive type), personal interview and medical test.
# As you are studying engineering in mechanical stream, you can also apply for Indian Engineering Services exam conducted by UPSC after the completion of degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?