10th May 2015, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Can Nepali students join Indian Navy? Is there any reservation quota for Nepali students?

sir i am from Nepal and i want to be join indian Navy and i had finished my higher educatioon in B.E. naval architector from andhra university Visakhaptnam.Can i allowed to join indian navy. Or any resservation quota is there for Nepali

13th May 2015, 02:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Nepali students join Indian Navy? Is there any reservation quota for Nepali students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am from Nepal and i want to be join indian Navy and i had finished my higher educatioon in B.E. naval architector from andhra university Visakhaptnam.Can i allowed to join indian navy. Or any resservation quota is there for Nepali
Yes, you can join in Indian Navy exam through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers
13th May 2015, 12:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Nepali students join Indian Navy? Is there any reservation quota for Nepali students?

Yes, Nepali students are eligible to join Indian Navy. To join in Indian Navy, the candidate must have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army/Navy/Air Force/Officers Military Academy. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-22 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

By qualifying the NDA examination, you can join in Indian Navy.
13th May 2015, 06:36 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for Indian Navy Examination. To join in Indian Navy, you need to appear for CDS examination, which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. CDS I Examination has been completed. Next notification will be published in the month of July or August in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper. The online application forms will be available at the time of notification.

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy:

-You must be Citizen of India or subject of Nepal or subject of Bhutan.
-You should have completed degree course with Physics and / or Mathematics from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-Those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also apply.
-You must be unmarried male candidate.
-You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years.
-No upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
13th July 2020, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Student from nepal currently studying in India what documents do I need to be aligible for cds exam
25th February 2021, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir , i am a nepali citizen. I completed my 12th standard in science faculty. can i join indian navy by giving online examination ?
14th July 2021, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Can Nepali who has done Btech from India from CSE branch can apply for Indian navy or coastguard.
18th September 2021, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I am nepali citizen and i wants to join in navy .Sir, i can join or not
26th September 2021, 12:26 AM
Minal F

Yes, Ofcourse Candidates who have completed 12th standard are also eligible for Indian Navy.

Citizenship- Indian,Bhutan And Nepal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?