19th July 2015, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Do I have a chance for getting a government job if I have less than 60% marks in 12th?

Hai Sir,

my name is abhisek. i'm studing b.tech 3rd year ece branch. i got of 78% these 3 yrs & i got of my 12 th standard also 58% .so, i have any chance for get the government job? By a chance i have posible for government job.which jobs are algibility to me? Pls rply to me

19th July 2015, 12:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have a chance for getting a government job if I have less than 60% marks in 12th?

Yes you definitely have the possibility for getting government jobs having secured less than 60% aggregate in your 12th as the marks in a particular degree does not have importance you just need to have the particular degree.

Now as you are pursuing third year of your engineering course then by the next year you will be eligible for jobs in various fields on the basis of your educational qualification. The best options after the same are given below :-

--> In administrative field by clearing the public service commission examination.

--> In defense field through Combined defense services examination.

--> In banking sector through IBPS examination or SBI examination.

--> In teaching profession by clearing the Teacher eligibility test.

--> In law and order field through Common law admission test.

--> In railways though Railway recruitment board examination.

There are much more options for you. Also you can look for the private job through your placements as they to have good possibilities.

For details regarding the eligibility, syllabus, pattern of above examinations you can refer to their official links.
19th July 2015, 12:50 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have a chance for getting a government job if I have less than 60% marks in 12th?

Yes, you can apply for many government jobs after scoring less than 60% in 12th.
You can apply for the following jobs :
  • Constable and Head constable in State Police Department
  • Ticket Collector in Indian Railways
  • Assistant Loco Pilot in Indian Railways
  • Low division clerk in different central government departments.
  • Assistant clerk in banks.
  • Soldier in Indian Army.
19th July 2015, 01:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hai Sir,

my name is abhisek. i'm studing b.tech 3rd year ece branch. i got of 78% these 3 yrs & i got of my 12 th standard also 58% .so, i have any chance for get the government job? By a chance i have posible for government job.which jobs are algibility to me? Pls rply to me
Yes, you can apply government sector jobs after 12th standard through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
19th July 2015, 04:30 PM
pjgp

You have lot of opportunities in government sector,even if you get less than 60% in intermediate.
Try to get good percentage in b.tech.
After b.tech you can apply for lot government jobs like
railways
bank jobs
junior engineer
Public sector undertakings
ias
ips
defence services
19th July 2015, 10:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for many government jobs after the graduation having only 58% aggregate in the 10+2 board examination.

The eligibility to appear for the most of the government jobs is candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university in any discipline with at least passing percentage.

List of some of the best government jobs after the graduation are :-
* UPSC Civil Services Examination.
* UPSC CDS examination.
* SSC CGL.
* SSC CISF.
* Banking.

Since you are pursuing the B.tech you are also eligible to get the good job after the qualifying in the GATE examination.

But you need to qualify in the entrance examination for all the above examination for the final selection for the job.

So start the preparation as according to the syllabus to get the job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?