18th February 2016, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Does CAT exam help clearing UPSC exam?

M planning to Clear cat exam and after completing mba than to do upsc. As m weak n social and my English s not so good but m strong n aptitude....So by doing mba does tat really help me cracking upsc as my aim s to become ips officer?

19th February 2016, 12:18 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does CAT exam help clearing UPSC exam?

No, it is not possible to qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC without having better knowledge of all the subjects.

So, you need to prepare for all the subject mainly English and Social Studies to qualify in Civil Service examination. Aptitude paper can only help in you Preliminary stages of examination.

To get more information about examination syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in
19th February 2016, 01:08 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and entrance examination is conducted for admission in MBA course.

There is no much more advantage of pursuing MBA course to qualify in Civil Service examination. The syllabus for both examination is too much different. So, you have to work hard to appear and qualify in examination.

To get syllabus and other information about Civil Service examination detail visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
19th February 2016, 04:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CAT is Common Admission Test. It will only help in Civil Services Aptitude Test paper which is Paper II of Preliminary exam. This is made qualifying now and a candidate needs to score only 33%.

Other than CSAT, CAT preparation is not going to help in UPSC Civil Services. If your ultimate aim is to become Civil Servant as an IPS officer, you must prepare from now instead of doing MBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?