20th August 2010, 09:16 PM
sachin71

Entrance exam eligibility based on B.tech percentage before and after clearing backlogs

hello sir,i have done my BE from VTU in Karnataka and my 5th, 6th,7th,8th sem FIRST ATTEMPT %age is 49.33 while after clearing these backlogs my %age is 55...1]am i eligible to write cat exam?or

2]some of the bank PO exams where eligibility criteria is 55%???

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for MBA in IIMs after B.Tech with backlogs? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What are the possibility of studying abroad after clearing 2 backlogs in first attempts in 3rd and 4th year?
  3. Can i study MS in US after clearing my backlogs? Will the cleared backlogs affect admission chances?
  4. What is the criteria followed for getting scholarship to do masters in US?
  5. Is it possible to join Indian Armed Forces on clearing all backlogs?
  6. Whether my new marksheet will be considered in TCS having cleared 3 backlogs of 3rd semester?
  7. Am I eligible for IAF entrance exam after clearing the previous backlogs?
  8. What is the duration of clearing backlogs of B.Com
  9. Am I eligible for Infosys after clearing all the backlogs?
  10. Am i eligible for NIPER after clearing my backlogs? I am studying BPharmacy 3rd year
  11. For getting student Visa what will be minimum backlogs limits and percentage required? Whether a candidate have to submit Final certificate or Marksheets at time of getting Visa?
  12. Will I face any difficulty in Campus recruitment after clearing backlogs?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for job in public sector companies? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same? I have 64% in B.Tech and had many backlogs
  14. B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?
  15. Minimum requirement for admission in USA for MS in management course? How much marks should I get in GRE and TOEFL?
  16. How to clear the backlogs in B.Tech after a year gap?
  17. How much percentage is needed to get in B.Tech? What are the other requirements?
  18. Am I eligible to get a job in PSUS after clearing backlogs of 2nd semester of Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
20th August 2010, 10:29 PM
richa420
Banned

Default Re: Entrance exam eligibility based on B.tech percentage before and after clearing backlogs

frnd
i m sorry to say that u r not eligible for CAT nd Bank PO exam as minimum criteria for Bank PO nd CAT is 60% marks in gradution.

thank u
20th August 2010, 11:43 PM
jomson varghese

Thumbs up Re: Entrance exam eligibility based on B.tech percentage before and after clearing backlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin71 View Post
hello sir,i have done my BE from VTU in Karnataka and my 5th, 6th,7th,8th sem FIRST ATTEMPT %age is 49.33 while after clearing these backlogs my %age is 55...1]am i eligible to write cat exam?or

dear friend,
After clearing all papers you have 55% marks.So absolutely you are eligible for entrance exam...

Selection process
Candidate who secure the minimum 50% marks at AIET – B.Tech shall be eligible for admission to B.Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Biomedical Engineering and M.Tech Integrated courses and would be offered provisional admission to these courses on the basis of their inter-se-merit at the time of Counseling.
thank you...good luck
21st August 2010, 12:24 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam eligibility based on B.tech percentage before and after clearing backlogs

Quote:

Dear friend
You are eligible for CAT. (50% marks required)
Your backlogs doesn't matter if you are eligible on the basis of aggregate marks.
Thank You
21st August 2010, 12:39 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
sure u can apply for different companies

as well as bank PO such as SBI,UBI,Bank of India etc
but never loose ur confidence
u can apply in Bank PO with 55% ,study properly

CAT exam criteria may not give u chance because as per criteria:

1:at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
2:at least 45% marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST
so friend if u r belonging to SC/ST then u can

Best of luck
21st August 2010, 08:30 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
yes ofcourse you are eligible for CAT exams as the minimum criteris is you should have 50% in gradution and also you can sit for various BankPo exams....so dnt wry about that......just start preparing.......
Wish You All The Best!!!!!!!
21st August 2010, 04:14 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Entrance exam eligibility based on B.tech percentage before and after clearing backlogs

dear friend,

yes u can sit in many entrance exam like, CAT,MAT, GATE..

there is no such criteria, only u have to complete ur graduation, then u can appear in this type of exam..

so , forget ur Btech percentage and study well for CAT...

all the best..
22nd August 2010, 09:40 PM
sachin71

thank you all.....i was in a dilemma whether ill be able to write the exam or not.....u all r indeed friends in need...a BIG THANKS to all of u again....keep guiding ppl like me...
23rd August 2010, 07:55 PM
sachin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by vike View Post
Dear friend
You are eligible for CAT. (50% marks required)
Your backlogs doesn't matter if you are eligible on the basis of aggregate marks.
Thank You
wat if in my degree certificate only first attempt marks are calculated????
23rd August 2010, 07:59 PM
sachin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishwajit Giri View Post
dear friend,

Best of luck
23rd August 2010, 08:00 PM
sachin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarshxxx View Post
Dear frend,
yes ofcourse you are eligible for CAT exams as the minimum criteris is you should have 50% in gradution and also you can sit for various BankPo exams....so dnt wry about that......just start preparing.......
Wish You All The Best!!!!!!!
2nd September 2010, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

i have 6 back in be m i eligible for gate exam
5th September 2010, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

m in 7th sem b.tech .can i appear in cat exam or i hav to first complete my b.tech after that i m eligible for cat
16th September 2010, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

i got 1 year back in btech biotech 3 year...and my btech would take 5 years to complete..am i eligible for CAT exam..or can go abrod for MBA??????????? PLZZZ HELPP MEE......
16th September 2010, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

i got 1 year back in btech biotech 3 year...and my btech would take 5 years to complete..am i eligible for CAT exam..or can go abrod for MBA??????????? PLZZZ HELPP MEE......
4th October 2010, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Well in VTU even if you clear your back papers they take only the 1st attempt marks..i know that really sucks but thats how it s.so m really sorry to say ur percentage will b 49.33 itself.45% marks is enough for SC/ST to appear in cat, so if u fall into one of these category u will be able to attempt cat..if not m sorry to say u might not b allowed to write cat.
30th November 2010, 02:47 PM
sachin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well in VTU even if you clear your back papers they take only the 1st attempt marks..i know that really sucks but thats how it s.so m really sorry to say ur percentage will b 49.33 itself.45% marks is enough for SC/ST to appear in cat, so if u fall into one of these category u will be able to attempt cat..if not m sorry to say u might not b allowed to write cat.
but what about banks???they take aggreagate marks??
3rd December 2010, 07:28 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Your eligible for CAT since the percentage criteria is just 50%.

If you have 55% then your eligible for the bank exams since banks like
Bank of Baroda
Canara bank

require only 55% for GEN category students and 50% for SC/ST students.

all the best
2nd January 2011, 10:45 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Exclamation Re: Entrance exam eligibility based on B.tech percentage before and after clearing backlogs

Quote:

Dear friend,
I am very sad to say,that you are not eligible for that exem...
Minimum 60% marks required for appling,but you have a little less than the requirement...
6th January 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

sir my intermeate percentage is 59. am eligible for cat exam
27th May 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

hell sir i got b.sc degree. in first attempt i got 60% after clearing back laws i got 70%. can i eligible to write cat exam. is this % any affect in g.d and p.i
6th September 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

when will i write the cat exam
15th November 2011, 05:28 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

15th November 2011, 05:30 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

15th November 2011, 05:37 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

dear friend,

there is no such criteria, only u have to complete ur graduation, then u can appear in this type of exam..

15th November 2011, 05:41 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

dear friend,

24th November 2011, 12:49 PM
raj.kwr

Hello sir, i'm finished my BE in information science(2011). my total aggregate from 1st to 8th semester is 53.71% and my last two year ie. 5th to 8th semester total aggregate is 60.98%. VTU has awarded me as First Class. sir may i eligible for cat exams, i want to do MBA. Please guide me sir... please mail me to my id sir its
id: [email protected]

waiting for ur helpful reply sir..

thank you.
28th January 2012, 10:55 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for C.A.T or Bank P.O exam.

If you want you can apply for I.A.S, I.P.S.

ALL THE BEST!
30th April 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

sir I completed my btec from kerala university with 6.49 cgpa.I have a valid gate score also 343. but for Mtec Admisiom in kerala 6.5cgpa is needed. which colleges offer Admisiom in kerala or Tamil nadu with cgpa 6.49. am btec cse .
5th August 2014, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,i am appearing in final year b.tech,but i am having a backlog right now...can i give the cat exam now?? Will the backlog or percentage matter for elligibility while appearing in final year??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?