27th September 2015, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in NET Exam in Tourism field?

I have done 2 year PGDM in Tourism from IITTM of Ministry of Tourism. I want to know about the eligibility required to appear in UGC conducted NET Exam in Tourism field?

Related Questions:
  1. NET Tourism Administration and Management (Paper-III) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. Details of UGC NET exam of Tourism and Management? I have completed Master of Tourism Management
  3. What is the procedure followed to apply for government job in Travel and Tourism?
  4. Details of the last 5 years NET exam papers of Tourism Management?
  5. Procedure for doing Ph.D. in Tourism field by CUK?
  6. Is there any scholarship exam available to study Tourism in Abroad for Diploma student?
  7. Scope for a government job in tourism course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. When is the next NET entrance exam after completing M.Phil Tourism and Travel Management
  9. When should I apply for NET exam? I have completed masters in Tourism Management from IGNOU
  10. Internship of 45 days in Kerala for MBA(Travel & Tourism) 2nd semester student?
  11. Eligibility Criteria to get a job in Ministry of Tourism and what is the eligibility criterian after BTS IGNOU course
  12. After Bachelor degree in tourism studies what should I do between MBA in Tourism Management and Masters in Tourism?
  13. IGNOU Masters in Tourism Management- Marketing for the Tourism Managers Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. What should I do to build my career in tourism industry after completing B.Com?
  15. Preferred course after B.Tech for the people who love to meet people, travelling and want to serve nation? Should I go for Sociology?
  16. Eligibility to get job in Ministry of Tourism?
  17. Can I get Tourism Job in Government Sector if pursuing PG Diploma in Tourism Management?
  18. How can I get job in Ministry of Tourism being a Ph.D in Tourism candidate?
27th September 2015, 10:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NET Exam in Tourism field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done 2 year PGDM in Tourism from IITTM of Ministry of Tourism. I want to know about the eligibility required to appear in UGC conducted NET Exam in Tourism field?
You have done PGDM in Tourism from IITTM. But sorry to say that you are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
28th September 2015, 05:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

PG diploma is not enough for UGC NET.You need to have a masters degree with at least 55% marks then only you will be eligible for it. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks.

Hence, you have to complete post graduation degree from a recognized university in tourism field them only you can apply for UGC NET.
28th September 2015, 08:13 PM
mwh

Eligibility to appear in NET exam in tourism field:
the candidates who have secured 55% marks in masters degree with equivalent examinations from university or institutions recognized by UGC.
the candidates who are waiting for the final results of their PG are also eligible to apply for this exam.
candidates seeking concession in fee are required to submit attested copy of their OBC/SC/ST/PH/VH certificate along with their certificates.
this examination is conducted twice every year by the UGC/NET in the months of June and December.
23rd August 2017, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I have completed mba tourism management so can i eligible in Tourism Administration and Management? please tell me as soon as possible.
23rd January 2018, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing masters in history. Am i eligible for ugc net tourism administration and management?
11th July 2018, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I have masters degree in Philosophy from osmania university with above 55% marks,Am i eligible to wite UGC NET in Tourism Administration and Management
19th July 2018, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of BTTM earlier it was 3 year degree but now as per MDU University ,it has been converted into 4 year after completing this can i apply for NET exam.
31st December 2019, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I have done bba from Iittm n if I go for mttm from jamia islamia, can I become eligible to write for UGC net exam
in tourism administration?
18th March 2020, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

I have only my one paper remaining of MTM. I am doing it through IGNOU. Can I appear for UGC Net in tourism?
25th March 2020, 03:10 PM
rahul@gh

What is the scope of travel and tourism?

If you are really interested in making your career in tourism and hospitality then it is definitely worth it. Because propel growth in this industry has open a lot of opportunities not only for the student of tourism and hospitality but also for travel, food, hotels, and many more small businesses are leveraging.

India is the hub of a tourist destination and tourist heritage. And tourism in India is also promoted by the government. So there is a big scope in tourism.

As this industry is growing very fast so opportunities are opening in it.

Now a day people from every background are inclined to visit new places and enjoy their life.

Tourism and hospitality courses.
List of Hospitality & Travel UG Courses

Bachelor of Hotel Management
BVoc in Hotel Management
BBA in Hotel and Tourism Management
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
BSc in Hospitality and Tourism Studies
BSc in Hospitality and Catering Services
BSc in Hospitality and Catering Management
BSc in Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality
BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration

List of Hospitality & Travel PG Courses

Masters in Travel and Tourism Management
MBA in Tourism & Hotel Management
MBA in Hospitality Management
MBA in Travel and Tourism
Masters in Tourism Management
Master of Hotel Management
For more information you can visit https://bit.ly/2Ugwd9w
2nd January 2021, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

M.Sc Hotel Management Graduates are eligible to apply for UGC NET Examination? if Eligible to apply means Which Subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?