7th October 2015, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in Engineering Services exam for an ex-serviceman?

Sir,
I am serving in Defence. After completion of 20 years of service, I wish to appear in Engineering Services exam as an ex-serviceman. What is the eligibility criteria for me?

Related Questions:
  1. When the notification of Indian Engineering Services will be released? Procedure and eligibility to apply for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) final semester student?
  2. Eligibility to apply in NABARD Bank Development Assistant for 42 years old ex-serviceman of Indian Army?
  3. What is the age limit for Ex Servicemen for MPSC exam?
  4. Can I apply for IES exam after completing B.E in Information Science? What is the eligibility for engineering service examination?
  5. Age relaxation for ex serviceman to apply in HP administrative services?
  6. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate?
  7. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Combined Engineering Services Examination for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  8. Age limit to write Indian Services Exam? How to apply for it and the important dates of the exam?
  9. Am I eligible for UPSC as per my DOB?
  10. Can a student having engineering degree in ECE apply for engineering services exam?
  11. Can I prepare for IEs at home? Names of the core subject books for each subject?
  12. Eligibility to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 6.5 Lacs to study 2 years MBA for a candidate whose father is a serviceman in SAIL?
  13. Eligibility for Indian Foreign Services after 2 years gap between 12th and Graduation?
  14. Which government job will suit me after completing B.Tech with 55%? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to appear for civil services?
  16. Which are the entrance exams for government jobs? I am interested in Teaching
  17. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services exam will be released? Detailed information and eligibility to apply for B.Sc(Statistics) final year student?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS after graduation?
23rd October 2015, 06:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Engineering Services exam for an ex-serviceman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am serving in Defence. After completion of 20 years of service, I wish to appear in Engineering Services exam as an ex-serviceman. What is the eligibility criteria for me?
No, you are not eligible for Engineering Services exam.

If you have completed bachelor of engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but, only under these streams -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subjects. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam. IES exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation or masters degree.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?