13th December 2015, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap?

Good evening sir,
I am bharat currently pursuing my B.Tech final year, I am very much interested in civil services but after my tenth class I discontinued my studies for two years and after that again I started my studies, am I eligible for civil services sir.

14th December 2015, 06:23 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap?

You can apply for Civil Services examination even with two years gap there will be no issue while applying for the exam.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years with three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST category.

3. There are three stages of this exam, preliminary , mains and interview.

You can apply for 2016 exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in after 23rd April, 2016.
14th December 2015, 06:47 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap?

Civil Services examination is one of the most prestigious and toughest examination of India with three stages and each stage acts as eliminator stage. UPSC conducts this exam every year.

Minimum academic qualification required to appear for this exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also appear for this exam. You just need to have passing percentage of marks in graduation.

The age limit for general category candidates is 21-32 years. OBC candidates get three years and SC/ST candidates five years upper age relaxation. There are six attempts for general, nine for OBC and no limit till upper age limit for SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for this exam with two years gap between studies.
14th December 2015, 09:46 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

There is no problem bharat. Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Services Examination even after having 2 years of Education gap. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services (CSAT) Entrance Examination which is conducted by UPSC is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. So what all they need is "Graduation PASS" successfully from a recognized university/ institute. So I can assure that you are eligible to appear in Civil Services Examination even after having gaps in Education but make sure you meet the required age criteria. Since you are a B.E Candidate, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in Civil Services Examination.
14th December 2015, 10:50 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed graduation from a recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

There is no limitation on aggregate, discipline and gap year to appear for examination. So, you are eligible to appear for examination which will be conducted on 7th August 2016.

The application form for examination will be available from April last week. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2015, 11:19 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is among the toughest examination and is conducted for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S Officers.

Yes, gap year has no importance to appear for civil services examination. As only required eligibility to appear for examination is candidates must have passed graduation from any recognised university with qualifying marks and age between 21-32 years for open category.

So, you can appear for examination. But, you need to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection in service. The notification for examination will be available from April. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2015, 11:53 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam. Only passing percentage of marks is required for this exam.

Gap does affect the eligibility criteria for this exam. Even if you have gap of two years, you can apply for this exam.

>>Age criteria is 21-32 years for general category candidates. Reserved category candidates have upper age relaxations, for example three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

The notification for UPSC Civil Services exam, 2016 will be released on 23rd April, 2016. After that you can apply at http://www.upsconline.nic.in
14th December 2015, 02:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Civil services exam even after having 2 years of education gap.

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year to make recruitment for IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS,etc .

Eligibility for Civil services exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate who are pursuing final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam.

-There is no restriction on percentage of marks secured by the candidate in their Graduation degree .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam should be in between 21 years to 32 years .There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Preliminary Exam ,

* Civil Services Main Exam , and

* Personality Test.
14th December 2015, 03:09 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, final year students can appear for civil services examination. It is necessary to qualify in examination for final selection as an Officer.

Yes, as you have gap year because you have discontinued your studies but again started pursuing and have graduation degree you are eligible to appear for examination.

To appear for civil services examination required eligibility is candidates must have passed graduation or pursuing in final year and have age between 21-32 years.

To have any other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2015, 09:12 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed graduation from a recognised university.

Candidates age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination in 2016 examination. There is no any problem of gap year in appearing for examination. The notification for 2016 examination will be available from April.

For any such information about civil services examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2016, 11:09 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, you can apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination if you satisfy the age criteria . . .

UPSC : Union Public Service Commission

UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination every year fot many posts in Administrative field and many other posts. It is a well known examination for its difficulty level and high job aspects.
The applications are selected for the following services :
* Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
* Indian Police Services (IPS)
* Indian Revenue Services (IRS)
* Indian Custom and Excise Serrvices
etc. . .

In order to apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria :

* Age limit :

* For General Category : 21 to 32 years
* For OBS Category : 21 years to 35 years
* For SC/ST Category : 21 years to 37 years
* For Physically Disabled Candidates : 21 years to 42 years

* Educational Qualifications :

* The candidate must have completed his/her Intermediate course from a recognized Board/University +
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree from a recognized College/ University in any discipline.

* The Candidate who merely passed in their Graduation can also apply.

* Candidates with any Bachelor degree are eligible for the examination.

* Number of Attempts :

* General Category : 6 attempts
* OBC Category : 9 attempts
* SC/ST Category : Unlimited number of attempts

// For any further details and latest notifications regarding Civil Services Examination, you may refer to the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?