12th April 2016, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Forest Officer being an M.Com student?

Dear Friends,
I am studying M.Com. I want to become a Forest Officer. Please tell me how can I get job in Forest Department? Waiting for your response.

14th April 2016, 03:07 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Forest Officer being an M.Com student?

Anyone wishing to become a Forest Officer should appear for UPSC IFS exam.

UPSC conduct IFS (Indian Forestry Services) exam for recruitment in forests of India.

The eligibility criteria to join IFS are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must posses a graduation degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering or equivalent.

-Candidates in the final year of their degree course can also appear in the preliminary exam.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 21 years to 30 years. There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years, SC/ST candidates by 5 years and upto a maximum of ten years for PWD candidates.

-IFS Exam Pattern

Paper I - General English-300 Marks

Paper II - General Knowledge-300 Marks

Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers of 200 Marks for each paper.

Total marks for written examination is 1400 Marks.

Interview for Personality Test -300 Marks
14th April 2016, 08:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Forest Service after qualifying in examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor's degree from recognised university in Botany, Chemistry, Zoology, Mathematics and Animal Husbandary or Agriculture.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination and hence, not eligible for recruitment in Indian Forest Service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2016, 10:14 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I am studying M.Com. I want to become a Forest Officer. Please tell me how can I get job in Forest Department? Waiting for your response.
Sorry, it is not possible to become a Forest Officer being an M.Com graduate. The eligibility to become a Forest Officer (Indian Forest Services) is a pass in Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry, Agricultural Engineering, Forestry Engineering. The age limit should be 21 to 30. The examination is conducted by UPSC, the website link is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
16th April 2016, 12:30 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of Forest Officers are filled up through the Indian Forest Services (IFoS) examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the IFoS.
6th October 2017, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the post of forest range officer after completing graduation in Pharmacy?
13th September 2020, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi i m B.com student can i become forest officer??
16th February 2021, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my ug in bcom and now i doing mca in ignou. After completing my mca degree. Can i apply for IFos?
5th March 2021, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I have done Graduation in Commerce with statistics in second year....
I have passed statistics in second year of Graduation.
Can i apply for INDIAN FOREST SERVICE
8th July 2021, 01:24 PM
Singhskomal

Indian forest services ( IFS ) Civil service examination conducted by ( UPSC) Union Public service commission.
IFS is one of the three all India services.
Education qualification:- must graduate in at least one of the subjects: veterinary, animal husbandry, science, geology, zoology, physics, chemistry, statistics, mathematics, botany, agriculture and forestry.
Bachelor's in engineering of recognized University.
Commerce students can't appear for IFS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?