1st February 2017, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

How many times I can attempt IAS exam being an OBC and physically handicapped person?

Hello Sir, my name is Himanshu. I have confusion regarding age limit and number of attempts. I belong to OBC and low vision handicapped category with 45% disability. Sir, please clear my doubt. How many times I can appear for IAS and what is the age limit for me?

2nd February 2017, 04:51 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How many times I can attempt IAS exam being an OBC and physically handicapped person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, my name is Himanshu. I have confusion regarding age limit and number of attempts. I belong to OBC and low vision handicapped category with 45% disability. Sir, please clear my doubt. How many times I can appear for IAS and what is the age limit for me?

The physically handicapped person can be allowed a relaxation of 10 years and 9 attempts for civil service examinations (IAS). The number of attempts one can appear for IAS examination will be 6 attempts (32 years) for general category, 9 attempts (35 years) for OBC candidates and unlimited attempts till 37 years of age for SC/ST candidates. The civil service examinations are conducted by UPSC. The UPSC examinations are held every year. The UPSC website link is Click Here
2nd February 2017, 07:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times I can attempt IAS exam being an OBC and physically handicapped person?

The maximum number of attempts that you can appear in IAS examination being an OBC and Physically handicapped person is 9 times. The maximum age limit required for you to appear in IAS examination is 45 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Physically Disabled candidates is applicable for you to appear in IAS examination.
2nd February 2017, 07:56 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

The minimum age requirement to appear for IAS exam is 21 years as on 1st August of that year when the exam is going to held.
The upper age relaxation for OBC candidate is 35 years and for the Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedically handicapped person is 42 years.
In this exam there are certain restriction on the number of attempts also the General candidate can attempt only 6 times till 32 years of age, the OBC candidate can attempt 9 times till 35 years of age and Physically handicapped can attempt 9 times till 42 years. Your attempt only counts if you appear the preliminary exam if you fill the form and don’t appear for exam then it will not count.
2nd February 2017, 09:32 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Number of Attempts for OBC and Physically Handicapped Candidates:

Number of attempts available in IAS (Indian Administrative Services) recruitment examination basically varies from category to category. Here is the basic number of attempts allowed for several category candidates.

For General Category Candidates - 6 attempts

For OBC category candidates - 9 attempts

For SC and ST category candidates - No Limit

For Differently Abled Candidates - 9 attempts

So you can attempt for 9 number of times for this Indian Administrative services examination.
3rd February 2017, 01:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
7th February 2017, 03:34 PM
ramanishita
Junior Member+

Smile Re: How many times I can attempt IAS exam being an OBC and physically handicapped person?

Dear candidate,

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE. It is a very tough examination.

For general candidate the number of attempts - 6
Age- 21 to 32 years

For OBC (Other backward class) candidates the number of attempts - 9
Age-21 to 35 years

For sc/st candidates the number of attempts - No restrictions
Age-21 to 39 years.

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?