8th November 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in CDS exam for applying in SSC exam? Minimum percentage required to apply for SSC exam?

sir
am pursuing my btech engg am in 8th sem now is it compulsary that we need to write cds first and then we need to write ssc ?????
wat is minimum % for writing ssc exam?????
if at all there is a rule that once we finish with the cds then only we can write ssc, then when will be the next cds exam?????
sir plz giv me some information about all these plzzzz.....

Related Questions:
11th November 2014, 09:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in CDS exam for applying in SSC exam? Minimum percentage required to apply for SSC exam?

SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission and CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. No, there is no need to appear for CDS exam to be eligible to appear for SSC examination. Interested candidates can directly apply for SSC examination without appearing for CDS examination.

Eligibility Criteria for SSC Examination :-
1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification for Different Posts :-
i) Compiler :- Bachelor's Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
ii) Statistical Investigator Grade – II :- Bachelor's Degree with Statistics as one of the main subjects from a recognised university.
iii) All other Posts :- Bachelor‟s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University.

3. Age Limit as on 1st January,2014 for Different Posts :-
i) Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer/Inspector (CBN) Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs /Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant /Sub-Inspector (CBN) :- 18-27 years (He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1987 and not later than 01.01.1996)

[ii) Statistical Investigator Grade II :- Not exceeding 26 years (He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1988)

iii) Assistant/Sub Inspector in CBI :- 20-27 years( He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1987 and not later than 01.01.1994)

Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules and all the reservation category candidates are exempted from payment of application fee and no percentage criteria is required other than qualifying in above mentioned educational qualification from a recognised university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?