29th October 2015, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Which line do we have to take after 10th to become and IAS officer? Which graduation to take?

I want to become an iAd officer. I need to know which line do we have to take after 10? Mec? Or mpc? Pls someone help me out. N do we have to do post graduation for it? Can someone please provide me the answer on this soon?

29th October 2015, 10:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which line do we have to take after 10th to become and IAS officer? Which graduation to take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become an iAd officer. I need to know which line do we have to take after 10? Mec? Or mpc? Pls someone help me out. N do we have to do post graduation for it? Can someone please provide me the answer on this soon?
After completion of 10th and 12th standard, you can do graduation degree in History to become a IAS officer.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For OBC category:- 5 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts
29th October 2015, 12:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which line do we have to take after 10th to become and IAS officer? Which graduation to take?

The answer to your all queries are as given below:

1. Which line to take after 10th?

You can take any stream in which you have interest without hesitation either Science stream with mathematics or biology group subjects or commerce stream or arts stream. Choice is all yours.

2. Do we have to do post graduation for IAS?

No, the minimum qualification for the exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. You can do bachelor's degree in your desired stream keeping in mind what optional subject you would like to take in mains exam.

The examination for IAS is Civil Services exam conducted by the UPSC and the age limit is 21-32 years with upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.
29th October 2015, 02:31 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Service and to become the IAS officer you have to qualify in the civil services examination.

There is no fixed course to take after the 10th or 12th to qualify in the examination. Since the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university in any discipline.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So you are free to take the course of your choice and interest to appear for the examination. The candidates are also eligible to select the optional paper of their choice irrespective of the graduation and 12th discipline.

For more information about the examination pattern visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2015, 02:51 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible for the IAS exam. The minimum qualification required for becoming an IAS officer is graduation. To become an IAS officer candidate has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Applicant must be Indian Citizen.
Interested candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream.
Age of the general candidate should be between - 21 to 30 years.
Age of the OBC candidate should be between - 21 to 33 years.
Age of the SC/ST candidate should be between - 21 to 35 years.

Number of Attempts:

General - 4
OBC - 7
SC/ST - No Limit

Selection Procedure:

The selection is through three phases:-
CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam
Civil Service Main Exam
Personal Interview
29th October 2015, 06:02 PM
ant man

It is a very good decision to become a IAS officer. To become a IAS officer you must first complete degree. Degree is the eligible qualification for becoming IAS officer.

Eligibility for IAS :
1. You must complete degree in any stream from a recognised university.
2. The age limit for applying for IAS is 21- 30 years.
3. You must be a Indian citizen.

As you are in 10th now, it is your wish to take MPC or MEC in intermediate. Every degree course is eligible for becoming IAS officer. eg: b.com, b.sc, b.tech, mbbs, bds, ca etc. There is no requirement for post graduation for IAS only graduation is enough.
29th October 2015, 06:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, any stream graduates are eligible for IAS exam and also you have option of choosing your subject for the exam. Therefore, it doesn't matter which stream you choose because any stream candidates can apply for it.

But you can choose a stream which gives you option of a decent job. This will allow you to prepare for exam as well as job if you don't clear the exam. Hence, you can choose a stream which has a good scope in private sector just to make sure you have other options also in future.
29th October 2015, 07:50 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer you can go in any line there is No restriction on specific line. First thing you just select the interested subject. There by then you just think off IAS. If you want to become IAS officer you need to have " Graduation " as the minimum qualification.

And also you have to satisfy the age criteria as well.

<> Minimum Age : 21 years

<> Maximum Age : 30 years and there is a Age relaxation allowed for categorized students.

If you don't have idea on selection of branch best to chose " MPC " in Inter level of education. There by you will automatically chose stream in graduation.
29th October 2015, 08:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any course of your interest, if you are interested to become an IAS officer. To become an IAS officer, the candidate must have to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. So, I suggest you to opt any course of your interest after completion of your 10th standard and after completion of Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university, you are eligible to appear in IAS examination.
30th October 2015, 09:32 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, you can take any specialization as your wish. However, you need a complete Graduation to be eligible for IAS entrance exam. Any stream students are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance exam.

- An applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have passed complete Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and final year students are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates age should be 21 years to 30 years and SC/ST Candidates will be given age relaxation up to 5 years and 3 years for OBC candidates.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2015, 10:12 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To appear for the Civil services examination the discipline and the aggregate in the different standard does not matter.

So you are free to select and purse the best course of your choice in which you have interest. As to become the officer you only need to qualify in the examination for which you need to be the expert in the syllabus recommended by the UPSC for the examination.

To get the details about the civil services examination notification, pattern and syllabus for the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?