27th November 2014, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

ONGC syllabus and previous year question papers?

Respected sir ,

I am K.Venkatesh , i need some information about ONGC Syllabus ,Please send me previous question papers of ONGC .. ....and also Send me syllabus of chemistry exam.....

12th December 2014, 08:57 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: ONGC syllabus and previous year question papers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir ,

I am K.Venkatesh , i need some information about ONGC Syllabus ,Please send me previous question papers of ONGC .. ....and also Send me syllabus of chemistry exam.....
ONGC is looking for promising, energetic and young Indian Citizens with bright academic record to join the organization as Class-I executives in the Engineering and Geo-Science disciplines.

Eligibility for ONGC company:
  • You should be a graduate in engineering with at least 65% marks from any recognized university.
  • Age should be between 21 to 30 years
  • You should be a Indian Citizen
  • You should possess good communication skill
  • You should have good knowledge about the hardware and software and engineering related subjects.

Selection process:

-GATE entrance exam
-Interview

ONGC exam pattern:
  • It contains 200 objective questions.
  • Duration of exam will be 3 hours.
  • The exam paper would consist of three sections:
  • General Awareness
  • Specialization Subject
  • Aptitude
  • Comprehension
  • Reasoning (Verbal/Non-verbal)
  • Numerical Ability/Quantitative
  • Aptitude
  • Data Interpretation

Syllabus:

Engineering Mechanics:
Free body diagrams and equilibrium; trusses and frames; Virtual work; Kinematics and dynamics of particles and of rigid bodies in plane motion, Including impulse and momentum (linear and angular) and energy formulations.

Strength of Materials:
Stress and strain, stress-strain relationship and elastic constants, Mohr’s circle for plane stress and plane strain, thin cylinders; shear force and bending moment diagrams; bending and shear stresses; deflection of beams; torsion of circular shafts; Euler’s theory of columns; strain energy methods; thermal stresses.

Theory of Machines:
Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms; dynamic analysis of slider-crank mechanism; gear trains; flywheels.

Vibrations:
Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems; effect of damping; vibration isolation; resonance, critical speeds of shafts.

Design:
Design for static and dynamic loading; failure theories; fatigue strength and the S-N diagram; principles of the design of machine elements such as bolted, riveted and welded joints, shafts, spur gears, rolling and sliding contact bearings, brakes and clutches
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?