23rd December 2017, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

PG holder in Home Science can apply for TGT and PGT?

Can I apply in TGT and PGT entrance exam after completing PG from home science? Please tell me what I have to do to become a home science Teacher in a good government school.

24th December 2017, 10:39 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PG holder in Home Science can apply for TGT and PGT?

Eligibility for this exam:

1.Candidate must process a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2.Candidate should have a Master's Degree in any discipline.

3.Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in PG degree then only they will be entertained to apply for entrance exam.

4.You have been awarded to post graduate degree with home science that is why you are eligible to apply for this entrance examination but you should have also following qualification.

5.A degree of B.Ed or equivalent from a recognized university.

As you know that B.Ed is compulsory to apply for this examination that is why you need to complete B.Ed course first them that you think about appearing for this examination.

Those candidates who are still pursuing B.Ed course are eligible to apply for TGT and PGT entrance examination so apply in a very good university and complete B.Ed.

Some states demands to candidate have studied in English medium.
24th December 2017, 09:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If you do B.Ed with this then you are certainly eligible to apply for the post of Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) as well as Post Graduate Trained Teacher (PGT) with the above mentioned qualification. Basically there is a certain educational qualification for the post of TGT and PGT separately.

>> For Post Graduate Teacher: The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in concerned stream with minimum 50% marks.

>> If you can manage to pursue Bachelor of Education course, then you will be eligible to apply for this PGT and TGTs after successful completion of Post Graduation in Home Science.

>> In general, the minimum educational qualification required for above posts is B.Ed and Graduation.
24th December 2017, 10:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility for both, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for TGT:-

Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in the Graduation level.
Candidates must have a B.Ed degree with at least 3 years of teaching experience.

Eligibility criteria for PGT:-

Candidates must have completed their Post Graduation from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Post Graduation.
Candidates must have a B.Ed degree with at least 2 years of experience.

You must have to complete your B.Ed course in order to be eligible for the above mentioned examinations.
8th October 2021, 06:29 AM
Unregistered

If I have completed 2 year B.Ed Home Science fron IPU Delhi with B.Sc, Home Science Hons from DU then I am eligible for PGT Home science in DSSSB i.e. can I apply for PGT Home Sience
11th July 2022, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Ihave done my bsc in agriculture and Msc in home science... And b.ed in life science. Am I eligible for PGT in home science? As pgt is for class 11and 12 so any school would prefer my masters degree or it will also be needing graduation in home science as well?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?