18th March 2016, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a Magistrate despite of being a Physically Handiapped person?

Dear Sir,

I am a handicap boy with both my legs. My aim is to become a Magistrate in future after studying law. I want to know that will i be able to become a Magistrate even after being a Physically Challenged person?

18th March 2016, 10:12 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Magistrate despite of being a Physically Handiapped person?

There are several relaxation given to physically handicapped candidates in age limit as well as in cut off marks in exams. So, there is nothing to worry regarding being phyiscally handicapped, you need to give your best efforts in exam to crack.

IAS officers after certain years of experience become Magistrate of a District. You can apply for Civil Services exam. There are three stages of this exam namely, Preliminary, Mains exam and interview.

The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxed for OBC, SC/ST, PH category candidates. Ira Singhal, 2015 Civil Services topper being a physically challenged candidate is a inspiration for all.
20th March 2016, 12:52 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Magistrate despite of being a Physically Handiapped person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

I am a handicap boy with both my legs. My aim is to become a Magistrate in future after studying law. I want to know that will i be able to become a Magistrate even after being a Physically Challenged person?
Yes, it is possible to become a Magistrate being a physically challenged person. The eligibility to become a magistrate is a Law Graduation with 55% marks. The aspirant's age should be between 21 to 35 years. You have to appear for examinations conducted by the Law Service Commission. You can also apply for the State Judicial Law Entrance Examination; this will be conducted by the UPSC. The aspirant can become magistrate with physically challenged also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?