18th March 2016, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Is BA LLB enough for becoming Magistrate? If not, then what should one study next?

Hey,

I am doing +2 in commerce and i want to do B.A.L.L.B. I want to know that whether BA llB is enough for becoming a Magistrate or not. And if it is not enough, then what further studies i need to perform?

Thanks

18th March 2016, 09:15 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is BA LLB enough for becoming Magistrate? If not, then what should one study next?

Yes, Bachelor of Law is enough to apply for Civil Services examination. Graduates in any discipline can apply for Civil Services examination. Age limit is 21-32 years. Three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

There are three stages of this exam:

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Mains exam.

3. Interview.

Those who clear all stages of exam are eligible to become IAS officer and after certain years of experience in service they can become Magistrate.
18th March 2016, 11:54 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is BA LLB enough for becoming Magistrate? If not, then what should one study next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey,

I am doing +2 in commerce and i want to do B.A.L.L.B. I want to know that whether BA llB is enough for becoming a Magistrate or not. And if it is not enough, then what further studies i need to perform?

Thanks
It's not possible to become a Magistrate directly after completing LLB. You must practice as a Lawyer and appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the Law Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria required to become a Magistrate:

- The candidate must complete Graduation in Law from a recognized university.
- The candidate age should be more than 21 and must not exceed 35 years at the time of applying.
19th March 2016, 11:53 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey,

Thanks
Yes, B.A., LL.B is enough for becoming Magistrate. The aspirant must have scored over 55% marks in Law Graduation. The upper age limit is 35 years. You have to appear for examinations for the Magistrate post, conducted by Law Service Commission. You can also appear for State Judicial Law Entrance Examination conducted by UPSC. The aspirant has to clear the examinations to become Magistrate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?