29th August 2014, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in Magistrate exam for 38 years old Brahmin?

Dear sir

My ivb rama laxmi, appearing llb edam from andrapradesh . Just I finshed my 4th semester. Now my husband asking me to appear Magistrate exam. Current my running age is 38 years. I am hindu , bramhin.

Can I eligible for magistrate exam , after completing my llb. Kindly guide.

Thanks n regards
Ivb rama laxmi.

9th April 2015, 02:49 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Magistrate exam for 38 years old Brahmin?

A Magistrate is an officer of the Indian Judiciary. The position of a Magistrate is one of the most coveted professions in the Indian Judiciary.

Candidates who are willing to become magistrates must appear for the exams carried out by Law service commission. They can also write the state Judicial entrance exam conducted by Public Service Commission.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidates should complete their Graduation in Law are eligible to apply for this exam.

* Candidates age should be more than 21 years and must not exceed 35 years.

* Age relaxations are applicable as per the rules.

For JMFC (Judicial Magistrate First class) the age limit is 35 years for open categories and 3 years relaxation for OBC and for Sc/ ST's the relaxation is 5 years.
10th April 2015, 07:01 PM
shekhartyagi50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir

My ivb rama laxmi, appearing llb edam from andrapradesh . Just I finshed my 4th semester. Now my husband asking me to appear Magistrate exam. Current my running age is 38 years. I am hindu , bramhin.

Can I eligible for magistrate exam , after completing my llb. Kindly guide.

Thanks n regards
Ivb rama laxmi.
You can follow this
Students who have finished their graduation in Law are eligible to become magistrates. Their age should be more than 21 and must not exceed 35 years at the time of applying. Those candidates who have finished their LLM degree are also eligible to apply. The candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in their final exam.
11th April 2015, 06:18 PM
DineshKumar_01

Eligibility to appear in Magistrate exam:

1. Candidate who have completed their graduation in Law are only eligible to become magistrates.

2. The age should be more than 21 and must not exceed 35 years at the time of applying.

3. Candidates who have Completed their LLM degree are also eligible to apply.

4. The candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% marks in their final exam.
12th April 2015, 01:30 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

To apply for Magistrate post in legal/judicial services in India, you need to pass LLB Course from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.

Candidate should have completed BA or B.Com or bachelor's degree of any subject from a recognized university with 50% marks.

After completion of LLB course, candidate need to qualify the entrance examination conducted by state governments for Civil Judge Grade II Recruitment and if a candidate qualifies then he/she may become Civil Judge Grade II in civil court or high court of the state so this is the procedure.

There is one more way which is followed after completion of 12th class because candidates appear for CLAT - Common Law Admission Test to get admission in five year integrated program of BA + LLB from government offered universities but you can not appear for this exam due to your age as you have completed 38 years of age.

For your kind notice, only those candidates can apply for Civil Judge/ Magistrate examination whose age is between 21-35 years and relaxation in upper age is given to reserved category candidates as 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC category candidates.

As per your given information, you are a Bramhin and belongs to General Category therefore you are not eligible to apply for this examination but you can make your future in other way by becoming Advocate in the Civil Court/ High Court.

When you complete LLB course then you should practice for more than a year under a valid government advocate then you can get the job.
17th March 2016, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I am final year student of llb and i am muslim after completing my llb can i write the jmfc exam and my age is noe 36 year can i write the judge exam
16th May 2016, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

I am Sadhu Ram and i have done my LL.B. in 2009 with 53% marks and my DOB is 01/11/1980 (above 35 yrs now) i am from OBC class can i have the opportunity to be a Judge?
24th September 2016, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

If i secured 53% marks in llb can i apply for jmfc or if i have practice for 3 yrs can i appear for jmfc even though I have secured 53% in llb
30th April 2017, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I am Manoj and i have done my ll.b. in 2013 with 53% marks and my dob is 07-06-1981 i am from general class can i have any opportunity in law please suggest me.
12th August 2018, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

My dob 12/09/1983 can i take karnataka civil judge jmfc exam next upcoming i am obc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?