13th October 2015, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to pursue M.Tech for becoming an Assistant Professor/Lecturer in a Government University being a B.Tech graduate?

Sir,
I have completed my B.Tech from IIT Kharagpur with 8.30 CGPA. I want to know do I need to pursue M.Tech also for being recruited as Assistant Professor/Lecturer in a Government university?

1st November 2015, 12:45 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to pursue M.Tech for becoming an Assistant Professor/Lecturer in a Government University being a B.Tech graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my B.Tech from IIT Kharagpur with 8.30 CGPA. I want to know do I need to pursue M.Tech also for being recruited as Assistant Professor/Lecturer in a Government university?

To become a Professor in government universities you should have a master degree with 55% marks.

So you have to study first M.Tech and then you have to appear for NET (National Eligibility Test) to qualify for the teaching jobs in colleges.

This is the basic eligibility to become Professor/Lecturer posts in government colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?