24th February 2015, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

What are the government jobs I can apply for after completing M.A in Sociology?

What are the government jobs I can apply for after completing M.A in Sociology? I just want to get a job in Government sector but I have no idea on which all jobs I am applicable to apply in the Government sector. So, it would be really helpful if you can give me the information on he same? Thanks.

26th February 2015, 10:41 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: What are the government jobs I can apply for after completing M.A in Sociology?

There are vast jobs available for M.A. Sociologist in the government sector.

Mentioned below are some of the employment sectors:

• Social services
• Community work
• Child-care or community development agencies
• Business
• Health services
• Counseling centers
• Estate, personnel work, training, or sales

You may get jobs like a human rights officer, community affairs officer, personnel coordinator. You are also required in the research projects to carry out by the welfare department of state and central government. You can also work with international agencies like UNO, UNESCO, etc.
You can also give entrance exams like a civil service exam, CDSE, Bank PO and Bank Clerk Exams.
26th February 2015, 11:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the government jobs I can apply for after completing M.A in Sociology?

Government job opportunities after M.A in Sociology:

You can find good number of job opportunities in government sector and private sector as well being a M.A Sociology post graduate. You can apply against several job roles such as, Sociologist, Community Organizers, Public relation workers, public policy researchers, Analysts, consultants, Personnel coordinator, Human rights officer. You can find very good career in teaching, since there is good demand for Sociology specialized candidates. There by you may find opportunity to work in government colleges, and government organizations as well. You can find good employment in government organization in the following fields, Media, Public and Governance Administration, Government Colleges, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Civil Society.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?