26th February 2015, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if secured 58% in B.Tech?

Hello everyone
Can I try for IES exams
with 58% aggregate in btech?
I came to know that 60% is necessary
but I have only 58%....so m eligible?

27th February 2015, 07:58 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if secured 58% in B.Tech?

No percentage criteria in Graduation degree is required to appear in IES examination. The IES examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear for IES examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in B.Tech /B.E course from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21 - 20 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
3. Personal Interview

No of Attempts :-
--> General :- 4
--> OBC :- 7
--> SC/ST :- No Limit

Since, you have already completed B.Tech course with an aggregate of 58% marks, you are eligible to appear in IES examination. By qualifying in all the rounds of selection procedure, you are finally selected into Indian Engineering Services.
27th February 2015, 10:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone
Can I try for IES exams
with 58% aggregate in btech?
I came to know that 60% is necessary
but I have only 58%....so m eligible?
You have completed B.Tech degree so you are eligible for IES exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years

For more details about IES exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2015, 11:22 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No what have you heard is wrong, and the truth is "There is no minimum percentage required" to appear in IES (Indian Engineering Services) examination. Yes, the basic educational qualification required is "Candidates must have passed "Degree in Engineering" B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized university to be eligible for IES Examination. Remember, you must have completed Bachelor degree in Engineering in any stream but choose the subject in the following disciplines only,
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electronics and Communication Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Electrical Engineering

I am happy to say that, there is no specific percentage criteria is required to be eligible for Indian Engineering Services Examination. So do not worry, and you can apply for IES Examination with the present percentage (58%) you have since the basic qualification is candidates must have passed Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?