15th August 2016, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

What is required to become an IAS officer?

Sir, I am studying intermediate first year BiPC. What is the next step in degree to become an IAS officer? How many years is required to become an IAS officer? Please give me answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  2. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  3. How to become IAS officer? Minimum qualification required for IAS?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
  5. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  6. How to beome an IAS officer? what is the qualification required? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  8. How to become an IAS Officer? Required Qualification to become an IAS Officer?
  9. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  10. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required? -- [New]
  11. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  12. What should I do to become an IAS officer? What type of graduation is required for IAS officer post? I have passed my 12th
  13. Minimum percentage required in 12th to become IAS officer?
  14. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  15. Which is the best stream to choose in graduation to become an IAS officer?
  16. How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS?
  17. Which are the subjects for IAS officer exam?
  18. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?

15th August 2016, 05:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is required to become an IAS officer?

To become an IAS officer, you have to appear in Indian Civil Services Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you have to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-32 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Since, you are pursuing Intermediate BIPC, you have to pursue your Bachelor's degree from a recognised university and after completion of your graduation, you are eligible to apply for an IAS officer examination.

15th August 2016, 06:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer you need to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age limit to appear for it is 21-32 years.

So, you just need to pursue your bachelor degree in any discipline to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages for final selection.

So, now it depends upon you how much year you require to qualify in all stages of examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

15th August 2016, 06:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for candidates who wish to join different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination.

The age limit for this examination is 21-32 years. Upper age limit is relaxed by three years to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates. You can apply for this exam in final year of bachelor's degree. You will have to clear three stages of this examination in order to join Indian Administrative Services.

After training, candidates join as SDM then after 3-4 years of experience, he is promoted to District Collector. You can start you preparation for this examination from 2nd year of bachelor's degree. Read NCERT books for social studies and then move to standard books.

15th August 2016, 06:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To join Indian Administrative Services as an officer, you have to appear in Civil Services examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.

To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria specified below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

=> You should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years.

Relaxation in Upper age limit is provided to reserved category candidates as per government rules to appear in IAS examination.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you are pursuing Intermediate first year BIPC right now, so, you need to pursue graduation course from a Government recognsied university to be eligible to apply for IAS examination to become an IAS officer.

15th August 2016, 07:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and it is the most prestigious job and for selection as an I.A.S candidates have to qualify in all three stages of Civil Services examination which is considered to be toughest examination.

So, after the intermediate you have to pursue bachelor degree in any discipline to appear for examination. The age limit is 21-32 years +3 years for OBC and +5 years for SC/ST.

So, you need to start preparation for examination if you want to qualify in examination as it requires determination, dedication and devotion to your studies for selection.

15th August 2016, 08:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer you need to crack Civil Services examination.

To appear in the same examination you need to have the qualifications mentioned below:-

I) You must have the citizenship of India.

II) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years for general category. Age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates as per the norms.

III) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any subject from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

So being an Intermediate degree pursuer in order to be an IAS officer you need to fist clear your degree course and then qualify civil service examination. Also as you have asked about the time required to clear the same examination then it depends upon your hard work and determination towards the preparation of same examination as this is considered to be one of the toughest examination to be cleared.

For further details about the same you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?