1st May 2015, 04:35 AM
Unregistered

Why to choose bank PO over Clerk in PNB?

Why PO job is better than clerk , although I'm waiting for my joining in PNB clerk but still I am not able to make out whether to go for PO or not?
As in PO , you may get posting in other zones also .

5th May 2015, 02:31 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Why to choose bank PO over Clerk in PNB?

Dear as far as my knowledge is concerned, every single job has some pros and cons and if you have been selected as a clerk in Punjab National Bank then we congratulate you on a great success in your career and may the god bless you as same in future as well.

The one and first thing, I would say to you that if you are waiting for your joining then you must wait and if gets the joining date with other formalities then you must join the PNB at first level because it will be a better option for your career that you joined the bank and finally in the job.

Second thing is that, if you do not get your joining dates of PO in any bank if selected then joining clerk will be the best way to start career but if you get joining dates of PO after joining the PNB as a clerk then you need to leave Clerk job immediately.

The reason behind leaving clerk job is simple, you will get a new platform to work. New experience and new type of training especially for POs. One more advantage would be of salary/ pay scale because pay scale of PO is higher than that of clerk post so you need to choose PO over clerk.

Some other advantages of joining PO are, you do not need to work under all the officers working in the bank and manager as well and you will not be instructed by any officer except the branch manager that is why, it would be a reputed post with good enough respect among the employees of the bank and you will get special treatment by your subordinates and other lower class officials.

If you do not leave clerk job then your salary will not be higher as PO, you will have to work under officers etc. that is why think about your career.

If we see career prospects and growth then joining PO would be better because after getting experience of about 3-4 years, you may become branch manager in any rural area and will start earning more as a BM that is why nothing can be better than PO but clerk post will take more than 8 years to become a Branch Manager that is why think about your career also.

The drawback of PO job is that, you can be posted anywhere in India means you may be posted to the states, you are not familiar with the language and culture of that state but for the post of clerk, you will be posted under your state, from which you have applied.

No matter about the culture and language of any state because a person who is creative and hardworking can change himself into the new culture because a baby born in the world does not know anything about the world, language, culture etc. but he learns everything automatically that is why, you can also be adjusted automatically to a new place so choose PO over clerk job.
2nd June 2015, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

I am selected for pnb clerk and grameen bank p.o. I am also in reservelist for ibps p.o. should i join pnb clerk and wait for secondlist ibps p.o or join aryavart bank p.o?
24th April 2016, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

i have been selected both in sbbj clerk and pnb clerk so in which bank should i join,pnb or sbbj.
28th June 2016, 01:02 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

First of all congratulation for your success in both the banks. SBBJ stands for State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur & PNB stands for Punjab National Bank.

It is up to you which bank you want to join. Both are good at their level & even salaries in both are almost equal. it should be your decision which one you want to join after its about your career. But make sure if either of the Banks ask you to sign bond then think twice before signing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?