29th January 2016, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

Admission criteria for pursuing Psychology at undergraduate level?

I have just completed my 12th standard withgood marks. Now i am looking forward to study Psychology course at undergraduate level. So tell me about the admission criteria for the course?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there a future of Psychology in India? Colleges in India best suited for pursuing Psychology? What are the possible career after Ph.D in the subject? Is it possible to pursue Psychology at UG level?
  2. Can i do M.A in Psychology after pursuing B.A in Economics?
  3. List post graduate courses in Psychology? Eligibility criteria for admission in post graduation?
  4. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in SAT for 10th student?
  5. Pursuing Ph.D in Psychology : Am I eligible to appear for M.Phil Clinical Psychology(NIMHANS) entrance test?
  6. Can I do undergraduate psychology course after completing 12th with computer science
  7. Whether JNU offers Psychology in Undergraduate program?
  8. Is there any difference between M.A. and M.Sc to study Psychology?
  9. Top colleges offering Psychology as Undergraduate course in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can a commerce student become a Psychologist? What is the procedure?
  11. Am I eligible to join IT Sector being a BCA student of SMU-DE and pursuing NIELIT Level-A?
  12. Can I become a Psychologist after doing 12th in commerce stream and graduation and also in commerce stream
  13. Best government institutes for Clinical Psychology? Procedure to get admission there? What is the eligibility criteria?
  14. Is it possible to do M.A in Psychology while pursuing B.A degree?
  15. What kind of course should I choose to become a Criminal Lawyer after 12th Commerce?
  16. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  17. Am I eligible for M.A Psychology after completing B.A and B.Ed?
  18. Which colleges take Commerce students for graduation course in Psychology? -- [New]
29th January 2016, 09:29 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Admission criteria for pursuing Psychology at undergraduate level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just completed my 12th standard withgood marks. Now i am looking forward to study Psychology course at undergraduate level. So tell me about the admission criteria for the course?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for a Psychology course after completing 12th standard. You can operate B.A or B.Sc in Psychology after 12th standard. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for B.A in Psychology course is the 12th standard in any discipline with not less than 50% of marks from a recognized university.

Since, you have mentioned that you have scored good marks in 12th standard so there is no issue with you are 12th standard score. However, the admission criteria may differ from college to college. Some private Institutions may conduct their own admission which you are required to qualify in the entrance exam in order to get admission.

Colleges Offering Psychology Course at Undergraduate Level:

- Abhyudaya Degree College, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Sy No. 26/1, Chikka Bellandur, Carmelram Post, Near Wipro Office, Off Sarjapur Road , Bangalore (Bangalore (Bengaluru) Dist.) - 560035

- Arunachal University, Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh)
Rono Hills, PO Doimukh , Itanagar (Papum Pare Dist.) - 791112

- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar (B.R.A.) Bihar University , Muzaffarpur (Bihar)
Muzaffarpur (Muzaffarpur Dist.) - 842002

- Bangalore University, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Jnana Bharathi Campus, Jnana Bharathi Post , Bangalore (Bangalore (Bengaluru) Dist.) - 560056

- Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur (Bihar)
Bhagalpur (Bhagalpur Dist.) - 812007
29th January 2016, 03:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue bachelor degree in psychology you have to follow the given eligibility criteria:

Aspirant student should have completed 12th from recognised board with at least 50% marks and 45% for SC and ST in any discipline.

Age limit should be in between 17 to 25 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories as per government rules.
29th January 2016, 08:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Admission criteria for psychology course at UG level;

> Minimum educational qualification should be +2 from a recognized University.

> Candidate should have scored a minimum of 55% at your +2 level.

After filling up the form if you are eligible and if seats are available for admission, you will be notified.
29th January 2016, 11:19 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The eligibility criterion to study B.A or B.Sc in Psychology is a pass in 10+2. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many colleges like;
30th January 2016, 10:48 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Admission criteria varies from one college to another. However, the general admission criteria are :-

- Many colleges take admission for undergraduate course in field of Psychology on the basis of scores in 10+2 level.
- Rest of the colleges take admission through entrance exams. This process is usually implemented by the top institutes. The entrance exam is usually conducted by the concerned institute.
30th January 2016, 04:01 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility requirements to pursue graduate in Psychology are as under:-

Candidate must have passed their 12th with minimum of 50% marks.

Candidate from reserved category get 5% relaxation.

Candidate age must be 17 years but upper age limit is not declared.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?