16th April 2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do journalism course after graduation?

I am doing my B.COM in last year, can I do journalism course after my graduation?. Can someone please give me the proper information for the same? Please provide me the complete details which you know on the same topic. Thank you.

16th April 2015, 03:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do journalism course after graduation?

Yes, you can certainly eligible to pursue Journalism course after completion of Graduation. The best course I would suggest you to do after completion of Graduation is "MMM" course i.e., Masters in Mass Media, so that you can pursue Journalism course after completion of Graduation. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this Journalism course is "Graduation" or any bachelor Degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks in Graduation. Since you are going to complete B.Com this year, you can certainly pursue Journalism course after completion of B.Com. Here is the list of colleges offer Journalism course in India,

>> Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
Ph. No: 044 2254 2840
Address: 2nd Main Road, Tharamani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600113
http://www.asianmedia.org

>> Amity Institute of Communication (Amity University)
Click here for Contact Details
http://www.amity.edu/asco/

>> Annamalai University
Ph. No: 04144 238 282
Address: Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu-608002
http://annamalaiuniversity.ac.in

>> Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media
Click here for Contact Details
http://www.iijnm.org
16th April 2015, 11:31 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Yes, you can do journalism after completion of your B.Com graduation. The minimum qualification for bachelors degree in Journalism is 10+2 and for Masters degree is graduation with minimum of 45% of Marks. So you can complete you Masters in Journalism after completion of Your graduation.
17th April 2015, 08:34 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my B.COM in last year, can I do journalism course after my graduation?. Can someone please give me the proper information for the same? Please provide me the complete details which you know on the same topic. Thank you.
Eligibility/Admission requirements

Bachelor in Journalism/Mass Communication: You must have done 10+2
Post Graduation Diploma/Degree: You must hold a Bachelor Degree in the relevant area.

Duration of Course:

Bachelor in Journalism/Mass Communication: 3 years
PG Diploma: 1 year to 2 years.
Masters in Journalism: 2 years

Top colleges for journalism courses in India:

Mudra Institute of Communications. Ahmedabad
www.mica.ac.in

Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
www.asianmedia.org

Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
www.iijnm.org

Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
www.simc.edu

IIMC, New Delhi
www.iimc.nic.in

Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
www.xaviercomm.org

AJ Kidwai Mass Communication Research, Jamia, New Delhi
www.ajkmcrc.org

Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
www.manoramajschool.com

Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
www.ftiindia.com

Times School of Journalism, New Delhi
www.tcms.in
17th April 2015, 10:32 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for Journalism course after completing B.Com. Being a B.Com 1st year student it is not the right time to think about the Master Degree course. So please concentrate on your studies and try to good marks in B.Com. It is better to think about the Master degree course at B.Com final year. However, I am listing you the Master degree in Journalism course which you can apply after completing B.Com.

- MA Journalism
- MA in Journalism and Communication
- MA in Journalism and Mass Media
- MA in Mass Communication and Management
- Master of Journalism with Cinema Studies
- Master of Communication Studies

In order to be eligible for the above course, students must at least be graduates in any discipline with 50% of marks from any recognized university. However, some reputed university may demand journalism subject at Graduation level.
17th April 2015, 09:08 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Definitely, you are eligible to do journalism course after graduation. There is no doubt about that. Minimum Academic Qualification to apply for Journalism is that candidate should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. Candidate must have secured at least 60% (55% marks for reserved categories). After intermediate course, you can join diploma course or bachelor's course in journalism.

Being a graduate, you can apply for post-graduation in diploma or master degree in journalism. To apply for that, you have to appear for the entrance examination. The entrance examination is conducted by their respective university.

Entrance Exam in Journalism:

Indian Institute of Mass Communication journalism
Asian College of Journalism
Jamia Milia Islamia University
Combined Journalism Entrance Exam
Manipal Institute of Communication
Xavier Mumbai, Institute of Communication

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed graduation from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Final year of degree course may also apply.

Journalism Courses:

Post-graduate diploma in journalism
Post-graduate diploma in Radio & Television
Post-graduate diploma in Advertising in Public Relations
MA course in Journalism
MA course in Mass Media
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?