31st October 2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode?

Sir/Mam,

I am in final yr of BA from distance and I want to pursue my legal studies regularly.can I apply for llb 3 yr after doing my graduation? Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the answer.

31st October 2016, 08:19 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode?

Yes you are eligible to pursue LLB as because mode of education dies not matter either it will be regular or from distance mode. You must have a degree it is important.
Eligibility criteria required for LLB are as under:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder.
Candidate must have attained at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.
Upper age limit not required.
31st October 2016, 08:45 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,you are eligible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode.LLB- Bachelor of law is an bachelor degree. The duration of the course is for three years and the course is divided into six semester.

Eligibility criteria for LLB Course:-

->>You should be qualified in three years bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university

->>You should qualified in any bachelor degrees like , B.com / B.sc / BBA / B.A etc .

->>You should score minimum 50% percentage of marks in bachelor degree

->>Relaxation is given for SC/ST candidates and OBC candidates for 5% percentage of marks .
31st October 2016, 09:34 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

LLB - Bachelor of law, it is not possible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode:-

There are two ways for LLB course :-

One after 12th for 5 years LLB degree and another is 3 years LLB after graduation degree.

LLB Criteria:-

Must have a bachelor degree in any stream

At least 45% marks in graduation

Maximum age limit is 30 years

There is 5 years relaxation for SC / ST

The criteria for OBC and General is same

LLB Colleges :-

New Law Academy, Pune

National Law School of India University, Bangalore

NALSAR University of law, Hyderabad

Faculty of Law, University of law, Delhi.
31st October 2016, 10:04 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, candidates passed degree from a recognised university are eligible for higher studies.

So, you are eligible to get admission in legal course ( LLB ). The eligibility to get admission in course is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university.

There is no age limit to get admission in course. Candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination if the university conducts examination for admission in course.
31st October 2016, 10:58 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for LLB after completion of BA through distance mode. Now, you have to appear in CLAT i.e common law admission test. Try to score good rank in CLAT exam. For your kind information i want to tell you that the LLB course duration will be of three years. You can apply for admission in Bishop cotton women's christian law college, B.E.S. college of law, CMR college of law etc.
31st October 2016, 11:21 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

--- Yes, you are eligible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode

--- LLB is bachelor's of law.

--- LLB is a undergraduate degree.

--- The course duration will be of three years.
31st October 2016, 11:57 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode.

Admission to three years LLB degree course is done on the basis of separate entrance exams conducted by the concerned university or on the basis of merit only.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after graduation are following:-

-The candidate must have completed graduation with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any discipline from a recognized university.

- The minimum age limit to apply for the course is 17 years and there is no upper age-limit for admission.
31st October 2016, 11:59 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

If the university that pursue BA course is recognized then you are certainly eligible. On the other side, if your university is not recognized by University Grants commission then you cannot do LLB course. The minimum criteria required to do LLB course "Graduate Degree" or 12th Class in 10+2 pattern to be eligible. If your university is recognized then I am sure you are eligible to pursue this Bachelor of law course.
1st November 2016, 01:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for CLAT examination to get admission in LLB course after completion of your graduation via distance mode of education from a recognized university. You should however have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate in your graduation.
1st November 2016, 09:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am in final yr of BA from distance and I want to pursue my legal studies regularly.can I apply for llb 3 yr after doing my graduation? Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the answer.
Yes, you are eligible for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.
1st November 2016, 11:44 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Yes, you are eligible to do LLB course after completion of BA from distance mode. The LLB course is a three years law graduation course. Various law colleges conduct the course. Graduation (10+2+3 or 11+1+3) with 45% marks is the minimum educational qualification required for LLB course. For taking admission in LLB course you have to clear the law entrance examination like CLAT. So you are eligible for studying LLB course after completion of BA from distance mode.
1st November 2016, 07:19 PM
pruthvi12dba

Yes you are eligible for LLB 3 Years course.

Qualification:
* Minimum 40% in your BA
* Your graduation should be in recognized university

Some Entrance test for LLB:
* CLAT - Commom Law Admission Test it is conducetd by All India Entrance Examination.
* LAWCET - Law Common Entrance Test conducted by colleges and universities.
1st November 2016, 07:24 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to opt for LLB course after the completion of your BA course, no matter if you have completed it through distance mode.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with at least of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt the LLB course.
1st November 2016, 08:40 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

L.L.B. or Bachelor of Legislative Law is an undergraduate Law course. The duration of this course is three years. For this course candidate must have passed graduation like B.A. or B.Com. or B.Sc. from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required in graduation for LLB course is 40% marks and 35% in case of SC/ST category. For LLB admission you need to appear in the entrance examination like Common Law Admission Test or Law Common Entrance Test. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode.
1st November 2016, 09:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got BA from a recognized distance mode university, then surely you can appear for any law entrance exam for admission in LLB. Most of the law entrance exams don't have any issues with distance mode degree.

Hence, no need to worry, if you have a distance mode degree. Just concentrate on preparing for law entrance exams for admission.
13th January 2017, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do LLB after completion of BA from distance mode without intermediate(10 2) ?
13th March 2018, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

I am 10 2 Equivalent (BPP) Course Passed through IGNOU......

Can I take admission for LLB after B.A from IGNOU ???
14th July 2018, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

HI, I have attended regular PUC or 12 in 2005, passed out in 2008 and Enrolled in Annamalai University B.Com in 2006-07 & passed out in 2009 both successfully completed.

Meanwhile I got enrolled for B.Com Distance education mode; 2006-07 Academic years, I have successfully completed B.Com degree with 58% aggregate marks during 2009, followed by MBA & MCA,.
I have 10th 12th Pass out 2008 @ 41% 3 years of B.COM degree pass out , Do i am eligible for enrolling LLB 3 years 58%
2nd June 2019, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for three years LLB course in BA one sitting degree from osmania university.
26th July 2019, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed ssc from distance exam and inter is also distance educatiin. And I have completed my degree is also from distance examination can I do LLB course regularly from any college
28th September 2019, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed by annamalai university Ba history with three years degree course in open university am eligible for llb or not
26th June 2020, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

I completed open degree with out inter can I apply for lawcet
20th December 2021, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I m complete my BA from Maharashtra but I do not have 40% in graduation. But I have Completed my MBA from Jaipur National University as a distance education. Can I eligible for 3 years LLB ?
12th July 2022, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

I'm engineer i like to study law is possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?