14th April 2017, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I study LLB in distance education?

I have interest to study LLB, but at present i am studying my BTech 1st year now. So, can you please tell any chance to study LLB at distance education and explain how to join if there is any possibilities?

14th April 2017, 10:44 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study LLB in distance education?

In general, to pursue LLB through CLAT (Common Law Admission Test), minimum educational qualification required is 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. Other than this, there are many colleges that are offering this Bachelor of Law (LLB) course through correspondence mode.

Yes, you can pursue LLB in distance graduation while you are pursuing B.Tech. But I strongly suggest you to concentrate on only one course at a time in order to get good command over the topics covered in the course. You may join 5 year Integrated programs like B.Com LLB/ B.A LLB or B.Sc LLB or BSW LLB ...etc,

In order to pursue LLB course in distance mode, you are required to appear in the entrance examination that is conducted by concerned college and get merit score. Some of the colleges give admission on the basis of the marks secured in 12th Class. Here are the list of colleges offering LLB in distance mode.

>> Kalinga University
http://kalingauniversity.ac.in/Default.aspx

>> Kurukshetra University
http://www.kuk.ac.in/

>> NALSA University, Hyderabad
https://www.nalsar.ac.in/

>> Guru Nanak Dev University
http://web.gndu.ac.in/

>> Dr.Ambedkar Law University
http://tndalu.ac.in/

>> ILS Law College, pune
https://ilslaw.edu/
14th April 2017, 01:06 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue LLB through distance mode after completing your B.Tech. The duration of LLB will be of 3 years. But, I will suggest you not to opt for distance mode LLB. Because, if you do this the Bar Council of India will not approve your degree and you won't be able to practice in court as a lawyer. But, still if you are interested to do this then you must complete your bachelor's degree with minimum 45% - 50% marks from a recognized college/university and there is no age limit for this. You have to appear for CLAT entrance examination

You can simply choose a distance learning institute and enquire about the admission procedure and other application details. Now you can follow the admission guidelines of the institutes and proceed further.a
14th April 2017, 01:51 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to complete LLB from distance education. The Bar Council of India forbids any college from offering LLB through distance education.

Although there are some courses that are offered through distance education, they are not accepted by the Bar Council of India. This means that you are not allowed to practice as lawyer in India unless you have LLB degree from regular mode.

Eligibility :-

For LLB you should have a graduation degree

No less than 45% marks in the graduation

40% is minimum requirement for SC and ST

Anyone above 30 years is not eligible

There is 5 years age relaxation for SC / ST.
14th April 2017, 02:46 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

No, you cannot do LLB in distance mode in India. LLB in India can be done only by regular and full time 3 year course after any degree. You can get diploma or a certificate in a particular law studies but you cannot get LLB degree by distance mode.
14th April 2017, 03:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually there is no procedure to do LLB through correspondence and this is because LLB is not offered to distance education. If there is any University offering LLB through distance course then it is of no value. It has been barried from offering by the bar council of India.

There are however some law degrees that are offered through correspondence but unfortunately Bar Council of India has refused to recognise them therefore pursuing such degree is completely useless.

You cannot practice in any Indian code to search degree and neither you will find any government job it's such degree so it is better to apply for the LLB through regular mode and there are some universities that offer LLB course through regular mode:
14th April 2017, 05:24 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to pursue LLB after competing graduation. You can pursue LLB from either regular mode or distance mode.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed graduation degree.

Candidate must have scored 45% aggregate in graduation.

There is no upper age limit.
14th April 2017, 07:07 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have interest to study LLB, but at present i am studying my BTech 1st year now. So, can you please tell any chance to study LLB at distance education and explain how to join if there is any possibilities?

It is not possible to study LLB course through distance education. The LLB can be done only in regular full time course of 3 years duration after graduation or 5 years LLB course after 10+2. The admission to the course will be done on the basis of performance in the entrance examination. As you mentioned, you are studying B.Tech 1st year it is not possible to study LLB course now. It is not possible to study B.Tech and LLB simultaneously. You can study the course after completion of graduation through regular mode only. The course is available in various law colleges in India.
14th April 2017, 08:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot study LLB course at this instant as you are pursuing your B.Tech degree course at this instant.
First of all you have not completed your Graduation yet, so you are not eligible to opt for LLB course as for pursuing LLB course, you must have to complete your Graduation in any discipline. Second thing is that you cannot pursue two degree courses at a same time.
So, after completing your B.Tech course, you can apply for LLB course.
14th April 2017, 08:50 PM
kalamrockz

Yes, you can study LLB course in distance mode of education, there is no such problem in it. You will have to get admission in a recognized institute.

You can get admission in your LLB course after the completion of your course as well as along your B.Tech degree if you can manage.
14th April 2017, 11:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Bar Council of India has stopped recognition of any distance mode LLB degree and you won't get any registration after pursuing a distance mode course in India.

There are many universities which offer distance mode LLB and you can surely pursue them for your knowledge purpose only.
14th April 2017, 11:46 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you can pursue LLB through distant education mode and for that the candidate should have completed his graduation from any stream with not less than 40% and 35% for the reserved candidates. The candidate needs to give the entrance exam like CLAT, LAWCET, etc. The entrance exam will be in written format and the questions will come from Reasoning, English, Mathematics, general knowledge, etc. The successful candidates will be allotted the colleges as per their rank.
15th April 2017, 12:27 AM
khanexpert

Yes, you can very much study LLB in distance mode of education, for that you will have to appear for CLAT examination and apply for admission in any recognized open univesity and continue with your studies ahead.
15th April 2017, 12:38 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can do LLB through distance mode. Those who have completed their Graduation are eligible to apply for LLB course. Since you didn't complete your Graduation. So, it is not possible for you to get admission for LLB. I suggest you complete Graduation to be eligible to for LLB.

LLB Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- The candidate must qualify in the CLAT entrance exam.
17th May 2018, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am government teacher and I can not join regular LLB. so I want to LLB by correspondence course.what is the difficulties in this way?
11th June 2018, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

I am 45 years and would like to admit in llb from distance. I am also a government service in judicial department. Whether I am able to admit to llb
11th September 2019, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

I am 35 years old. I have completed my graduation from a recognized university having 50% marks. am I eligible to pursue LLB in distance mode?
13th December 2019, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Can i study llb in distance education i m completed m.sc?
1st January 2020, 02:53 AM
Unregistered

Can i study LL.B. on distance mode in delhi...? If yes, plz tell me the college name
31st May 2020, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

I M WORKING IN PSU,CAN I DO CORRESPONDENCE/DISTANCE /ONLINE MODE ANY LAW COURSE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?