14th March 2015, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take CDS exam after completion of Graduation?

Sir/Mam,

I want to take cds exam after graduation. so please tell me how many marks of graduation? Am I eligible to give the exam just after completion of Graduation course or something else needs to be done? Kindly provide me the information soon. Thank you!

15th March 2015, 12:10 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to take CDS exam after completion of Graduation?

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination after completion of graduation. CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy. CDS I Examination has been already over. CDS II Exam notification will be published in the month of July/August in the official website of UPSC.

Military Academy :

-> You should have completed degree course from a recognized University.
-> No percentage bar is there to apply.
-> Final year of degree course may also apply.
-> You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 24 years.
-> You should be Unmarried male candidate.

Naval Academy :

-> You should have completed B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics course or B.E from a recognized University.
-> You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years.

Air Force Academy :

-> You should have completed degree course from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subject at intermediate level.
-> You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 24 years.

Officer Training Academy :

-> You should have completed degree course from a recognized University.
-> You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years.
-> You should be Unmarried male/female candidate.
15th March 2015, 12:19 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS examination after completion of your Graduation degree. No percentage criteria in Graduation is required to appear in CDS examination. The CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Military/Naval/Air Force/Officer's Training Academy. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Indian Military Academy (IMA) :- You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
--> For Indian Naval Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
--> Indian Air Force Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
--> Officers’ Training Academy :- 19-25 years

4. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
16th March 2015, 01:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I want to take cds exam after graduation. so please tell me how many marks of graduation? Am I eligible to give the exam just after completion of Graduation course or something else needs to be done? Kindly provide me the information soon. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam because you have completed graduation degree.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th March 2015, 07:48 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

No you don't need to do any other courses as the basic educational qualification required to sit for this examination is just a graduate degree.

UPSC or Union Public Service Commission conducts this examination to recruit suitable candidates in the field of defense services.

You can apply for the following wings:-
  • Indian Military Academy (IMA)
  • Indian Naval Academy (INA)
  • Air Force Academy (AFA)
  • Officer's Training Academy (OTA)
To give this exam the following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied:-
  • You need to be a citizen of India.
  • For IMA and OTA: A graduation degree in any discipline of your choice
  • For AFA: A bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology or a degree in physics and/or mathematics.
  • For INA: A bachelor's degree in physics and/or mathematics or a B.Tech degree.
  • For IMA the age has to be between 19 and 24 years.
  • For AFA the age has to be between 19 and 23 years.
  • For INA the age has to be between 19 and 22 years.
  • For OTA the age has to be between 19 and 25 years.
You have not mentioned what was your subject at graduation level. But even if it was not any one of the subjects mentioned above for AFA and INA, you can still apply for the other wings.

CDS (II) Exam, 2012 details:-

The CDS II exam will be conducted on 1st November 2015. 14th August 2015 is the last date of receipt of applications.

For more details click on this link: http://www.upsc.gov.in.

Please Note: Girls can only apply for OTA.
18th March 2015, 04:47 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Dear Aspirant,

No, there is no any need to do anything else. Just complete your graduation first and then you become eligible for the CDS exam.

CDS stands for the Combined Defense Service. And this exam is conducted twice time under the union public service commission every year. CDS is conducted for those aspirants who want to join the Indian Defense in the following wings
1). Air Force,
2). Navy,
3). Army and
4). OTA (Officer's Training Academy).
You have not mentioned anything regarding your discipline, in which you are studying right now.

Air Force Academy:

Candidates should possess at least bachelor degree in the engineering or B.Sc in physics or maths are eligible for it. Age of candidates should be between 19 to 23 years.

Naval Academy:

Candidates should possess at least bachelor degree in the engineering i.e., B.E/B.Tech or B.Sc in physics or maths are eligible for it. Age of candidates should be between 19 to 22 years.

Indian Military Academy:

At least Bachelor degree in any discipline from the recognized university. Age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Officer's Training Academy:

Bachelor degree in any discipline and age should be between 19 to 25 years. Girls candidates are eligible for this wing only.

So, first of all complete your graduation then you will become eligible for it. As CDS-I 2015 had been completed successfully this year so, wait for the CDS-II 2015 notification.

All the best

With Regards
~Dharm~
18th March 2015, 09:59 PM
varam09

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

CDS stands for the combined defence services examination.

Graduate in any discipline is required to apply for the Indian army.

Graduate in physics and maths is compulsory to apply for the air force and navy.

There is no restriction about the marks required, but you need to satisfy the age criteria.

For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years

For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years

For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years

For Officers Training Academy :19-25 Years

There is no upper age relaxation for the above mentioned posts.They remain same for every individual.

Selection procedure is as follows:

Written test

SSB interview

Medical examination.
21st March 2015, 02:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to seat in the CDS examination. CDS stands for Combined defence service .The examination is conducted twice in a year by UPSC as CDS-I and CDS -II through the examination you are eligible to get admission in INDIAN MILITRAY ACADEMY; NAVAL ACADEMY ; OFFICER TRAINING ACADEMY only after completion of all the three stages.
1.Written.
2.Service Selection Board.
3.Medical.

The eligiblity criteria is 19-24 years ;Indian Unmarried Citizen an must have 10+2with physics an mathematics as main subjects.
22nd March 2015, 10:35 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

The following are the eligibility criteria for CDS exam:-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-

For Indian Military Academy (IMA) :- You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
For Indian Naval Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
Indian Air Force Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
Officers’ Training Academy :- 19-25 years

Well, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination after completion of Graduation.

Please find the exam scheme details below:-

23rd March 2015, 11:29 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

60 % and above marks is enough in graduation for CDS Examination.Yes you are eligible for Combine Defense Services Exam as they require a candidate have a Graduation degree.

But if you are a B.tech student then also you have other opportunity to enter in Indian Defense. Entry's like TGC (Technical Graduate Course), UES (University Entry Scheme) and OTA are available for you. Also if you have a NCC Cadet then there is also a special provision for that.
23rd March 2015, 02:13 PM
Ashwakh

Generally , to apply for the CDS (Combined Defence Service ) exam , you should satisfy the Eligibilty criteria of it.

The eligibilty criteria of the exam is ,

~ the candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a Recognised university
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-22 years , for Navy
~ Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-23 years , for Airforce
~ Age of the cadidate shouldbe in between 19-24 years , for , Army
~ The candidate shouldbe a citizen of india.

So , if you are doing graduation from a Recognised University , then once after your completion of your gration , you can apply for the exam..

The exam will be held by UPSC of India Twice in every year..
25th March 2015, 09:38 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services .The CDS examination are conducted by union public service commission twice in a year .

CDS consists of four wings which are

(i) Indian Military Academy .

(ii) Air force Academy .

(iii) Naval Academy .

(iv) Officers' Training Academy .

Basic Educational qualification required for the examination are here under :-

You must have done your graduation from a recognized university .Final year student are also eligible .

Your age must lie within 19 years to 25 years .

Note :- The stream in your graduation and age limit differs for different wings.

So for more information log on to official website of UPSC i.e;www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?