6th May 2016, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to study Petroleum Engineering for 12th candidate?

Dear Friends,
I have passed 12th this year. I have much more interest in Physics subject. I want to be an Engineer. Is Petroleum Engineering is good for me? Please tell me immediately. Thank you in advance!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study Petroleum Engineering for 12th candidate? -- [New]
  2. Best colleges to study petroleum engineering? I am a 12th science student
  3. Colleges for petroleum engineering in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Registration procedure to study B.Tech(Petroleum Engineering) for a candidate who has completed Diploma in Srilanka and working in UAE?
  5. Important subjects to study in 12th to further pursue B.Tech(Petroleum Engineering)? List of IITs offering B.Tech Petroleum?
  6. Cutoff marks required in 12th PCMB and JEE Main to study B.E.(Petroleum Engineering)?
  7. How can I study diploma in Petroleum engineering after completing 12th commerce?
  8. Can I get direct admission to study B.E.(Petroleum Engineering) with 71% in 12th?
  9. List of reputed institutes offering Petroleum Engineering in Southern India
  10. Am I eligible to study Petroleum Engineering being a Diploma Textile holder? Scope and work profile of Petroleum Engineers?
  11. Possibility to study B.E.(Petroleum Engineering) for Technology Diploma holder? Scope and job prospects of Petroleum Engineer?
  12. Is it advisable to take an Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs to study Petroleum Engineering in UPES?
  13. Can I study Diploma in Petroleum Engineering through JEXPO after 10th being a girl candidate?
  14. Future of Petroleum and related engineering courses
  15. Petroleum filed obs are not for girls? Future of Petroleum engineering?
  16. How to do chemical engineering and petroleum engineering?
  17. Is it beneficial to do B.E.(Petroleum Engineering) from Dehradun Institute Of Technology?
  18. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Electrical Engineering for 10th WBBSE candidate?
9th May 2016, 04:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to study Petroleum Engineering for 12th candidate?

Normally, doing a B.Tech in core engineering stream UA considered better than any sub stream like petroleum engineering. If you are getting admission in a reputed college with this stream and want to work in petroleum sector then surely you can go for it.

Doing engineering in a core stream will have wider scope in terms of jobs. Petroleum engineering will limit your job scope only to this sector only.
9th May 2016, 10:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

There is wide scope after doing Petroleum Engineering after passing class 12 from non medical stream.
If you are interested to pursue petroleum engineering course then I would like to suggest you to join it. After completion of this course there will be great opportunities and handsome salary you will get. You have to qualify Joint Entrance Examination to get good college.
10th May 2016, 11:13 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely Petroleum Engineering is a good stream to opt B.Tech degree course in that field. It has a wide scope in this field. So, if you are interested in this field, want to opt Petroleum Engineering course as your Graduation and if you are getting admission in a reputed College, then you must opt this course without any worry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?