12th March 2015, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Can a Commerce student study Public Administration at PG level?

I'm studying Bachelor of commerce (B.com.,) 2nd yr. I'm interested to write Civil services Examination. I have interest in studying Politics or Public administration in Post Graduation. But some people r telling that as a commerce student I've no opportunity to change group.I heard that for studying PG that particular course must be a core subject or one of the sub in my UG, isn'nt it ?

Related Questions:
  1. Books to be referred to study Public administration?
  2. VMOU B.A in Public Administration Administrative Theory (EPA-01) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. Eligibility criteria and reference books for Civil Services exams with optional subject Commerce and Public Administration
  4. How to do M.Phil from top University? I am a student of Public Administration
  5. Which are the coaching institutes in Chennai providing coaching in commerce? I am a 3rd year B.Com student
  6. Books to be referred for RAS entrance exam if my subjects are public administration and computer?
  7. Syllabus of General study, Public Administration, Political Science and Sociology for Haryana Public Service Commission exam?
  8. Books for preparation of Punjab PCS 2015 exam?
  9. Which subject to choose for UPSC exam if I am from computer field?
  10. Is it a right decision to take up management and public administration as optional subject?
  11. Can I do MS in Singapore after finishing B.Com?
  12. VMOU B.A in Public Administration- Public Policy (EPA-06) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. IGNOU Master of Arts in Public Administration State, Society and Public Administration Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Can a commerce student to BSc in Animation? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. University of North Bengal, Directorate of Distance Education- M.A in Political Science Part I-Course 5 Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  16. How much money we have 2 pay for appearing in cs exam??
  17. Books to be referred for public Administration? Best coaching institute in Bangalore?
  18. What could be a better combination of subject along with Law in UPSC Mains exam
24th April 2015, 09:54 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Can a Commerce student study Public Administration at PG level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying Bachelor of commerce (B.com.,) 2nd yr. I'm interested to write Civil services Examination. I have interest in studying Politics or Public administration in Post Graduation. But some people r telling that as a commerce student I've no opportunity to change group.I heard that for studying PG that particular course must be a core subject or one of the sub in my UG, isn'nt it ?
Nothing like that. Any stream Graduation students with 50% of marks are eligible to apply for an MA Public Administration. So, being a B.Com student, you are eligible to apply for M.A Public Administration

Admission for MA in Public Administration is based on the entrance test conducted by the respective university. Application forms can be downloaded from the official website of the respective university. Candidates are required to fill the application carefully and send it to the respective university address. Shortlisted students will be called for entrance test. Final selection will be based on the scores obtained in the entrance test.

Since, you are aspiring to appear in Civil Service Exam so you must balance both your M.A and Civil Service Exam preparation equially. Prepare a timetable and study based on that.
27th April 2015, 01:11 AM
amanshrivastava98

Nope, its not correct.

Yes, some universities are there like DU whose eligibility criteria is such that the candidate should have been graduated from the same stream otherwise they won't give the admission, but some other and well reputed universities are their which offer a PG course without any such criteria.

Some of the universities are as follows :

* Tata Institute of Social Science

* Jindal School of Governance and Policies

* Xaviour Institute of Social Science.

* Ajeem Premji Institute of Social Science

etc.
17th May 2023, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Commerce student can study public administration
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?