9th July 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for Civil Service Exams having gap in the studies?

I've completed my matriculation in 2003 and 12th in 2006, I enrolled for graduation program in 2007 through distance education and completed graduation only in 2012 because of some family problems. My scores are below :

10th - 66%
12th (PCM) - 57%
BBA (Graduation) - 48%

My age is 26 years and I come in OBC category. I want to ask whether I'm eligible for CS or not ? Please guide me to come out from my confusion.

12th July 2015, 04:26 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for Civil Service Exams having gap in the studies?

Yes, you can apply for Civil Services Exams having gap in studies. Any candidates who have completed his/her graduation in any stream from any recognised university can apply for Civil Service Exams.
Age limit for Civil Service Exams :
Age of candidates must be from 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is also there as per government norms. For OBC 3 years of relaxation is there.
12th July 2015, 04:48 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,of course you can appear for the Civil Services exam even after having gap in your studies on the condition you fulfill all other eligibility criteria required to sit for the exam .

UPSC conducts civil services exam to recruit personnel for various posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing candidate can also appear for the exam .

-There is no percentage bar regarding the marks secured in Bachelor's degree .

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
12th July 2015, 07:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination after completion of your Graduation course from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in Civil Services examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC Civil Services examination notification.
13th July 2015, 12:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
13th July 2015, 03:14 PM
pointer01

Hello,

UPSC conducted many exam for recruit the post of IAS,IPS,IES etc.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS & IAS-

Educational Qualification-
Minimum Graduation from any recognized university(Final year students may also apply).

Age Limit-
21 to 30 years for General candidates.
21 to 33 years for OBC candidates.
21 to 35 for ST/SC candidate.

Number Of Attempts-
4 for general candidates.
7 for OBC students.
No limit for ST/ SC candidates.

Eligibility criteria for IES students-

Educational Qualification-
One done the BE/B.Tech from any recognized university(Final year students may also apply)

Age limit is as same as IPS/IAS Post.

You can give any number of attempts as there are no constraints for number of attempts.

Good luck.
22nd July 2015, 11:16 AM
Mshanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've completed my matriculation in 2003 and 12th in 2006, I enrolled for graduation program in 2007 through distance education and completed graduation only in 2012 because of some family problems. My scores are below :

10th - 66%
12th (PCM) - 57%
BBA (Graduation) - 48%

My age is 26 years and I come in OBC category. I want to ask whether I'm eligible for CS or not ? Please guide me to come out from my confusion.
Hi friend,
Don't worry you are eligible to write civil service exams. Age limit for civil exams is minimum 21yrs to 30yrs. And relaxation for OBC candidates is 3years. prepare well and give your better in exams.All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?