19th March 2015, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I attend TCS interview in my final year of Graduation?

Sir/Mam,

I have 72% in 10th, 54% in 12th & continuing graduation with bsc. comp. sc.<final yr>& hope i'll complete with 70% aggregate in graduation before my previous yr. performance

I want to know .. could I attend TCS interview,after that ?????

19th March 2015, 03:17 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I attend TCS interview in my final year of Graduation?

Actually, final year candidates are eligible to apply for TCS campus interview. But you are not eligible to apply for TCS campus recruitment because you have not maintained 60% in your 12th standard. For your information, they are asking the minimum 60% marks in throughout the career. That means, you must have secured at least 60% marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and/or post-graduation. Without securing those marks you are definitely ineligible to apply for TCS Campus Interview.
19th March 2015, 03:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have 72% in 10th, 54% in 12th & continuing graduation with bsc. comp. sc.<final yr>& hope i'll complete with 70% aggregate in graduation before my previous yr. performance

I want to know .. could I attend TCS interview,after that ?????
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for TCS recruitment.

TCS is a reputed multinational company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for TCS is,

TCS= 60%

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for TCS recruitment.

Pattern for TCS written test:-

1. Quantitative /analytical reasoning (20 questions)
2. Verbal ability (20 questions)
3. Technical section (10questions)

Selection process for TCS recruitment:-

1. Aptitude test
2. Technical interview
3. Personal interview
19th March 2015, 05:17 PM
anamikasenrocks

By reading your question I am guessing that you have received your 2nd year's marks sheet for graduation. Currently you are awaiting 3rd and final year of graduation's marks sheet. In that case you can apply for any company, but not TCS. Every company takes up candidates on the basis of their current semester or current years marks. If in the last released results the candidate has got above or equal to their cut-off then they allow them to sit for the aptitude tests. If the candidate clears the aptitude test, they get to sit for the final interview.
In your case you can opt for other companies but not TCS because in TCS the cut-off criteria is a 60% all through academics. You have got 54% in 12th standard. So you are not eligible to sit for TCS. Look for other smaller companies where percentage criteria is 50% minimum in all through academics.
19th March 2015, 08:04 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

It is good that your enough confident that you will get 70% in the graduation. You have a enough percentage to appearing in the TCS interview, with these percentage you can attend the interview in the final Year. To attend the Interview your average percentage must be not less than 60%, and no blocks in the second year.
19th March 2015, 08:16 PM
ravitejasingari
Junior Member+

hello friend,
Here are the few rules to enter into tcs
Minimum aggregate of 60% and above in the first attempt in all academic courses is required.
First attempt implies securing 60% and above marks within the normal duration of course
According to the information you have given you are not eligible for tcs job.
In case you have done both,12th and equivalent diploma,you should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in both courses.
19th March 2015, 10:34 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Absolutely you can appear for interview in such a great multinational company that is TCS - Tata Consultancy Services which is one of the most recruiting MNCs in India and providing thousands of jobs every single year and achieving great success in the corporate world.

You have secured very good percentage marks at 10th level but somewhat less in 12th class but marks of previous studies do not matters when you are going to secure good marks in graduation which is the most important for a company and with your marks you can get the job in TCS.

First of all you should apply for interview in TCS for a particular post and if the campus recruitment is calling TCS at your college then you must be ready for interview process because interview is one and only thing which proves everything about the candidate that how and what he/she may do for the company that is why you have to build up yourself for interview process.

Interview can be cracked easily by a candidate if he/she follows some guidelines given by experts which are that the candidate must be prepared for all the data mentioned in resume or biodata form because questions are arisen from biodata that is why a candidate must be perfect and full of information on his details provided in the resume.

Second things comes to the knowledge of the subject of specialization chosen in degree course because if you are good at that particular subject then you will be preferred first for the job to other candidates appearing for interview that is why you must have in depth knowledge of the subjects which you have studied at graduation level.

Another thing comes up to current events and highlighted affairs in India and the world because companies test such things to know about the general atmosphere knowledge of the candidate so you should be ready with all such weapons which can be used in interview.

Now other questions such as - How will you handle pressure, Why did you apply for TCS only? , What are your future plans with this job ? etc. so you should take guidance from experts and other senior colleagues who have appeared and qualified in interview then they will guide you better than all others.
19th March 2015, 10:46 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Smile Re: Can I attend TCS interview in my final year of Graduation?

Hi Guest,

I am sorry but you are not eligible for TCS campus recruitment as you have below 60% marks in 12th board exam.

Eligibility criteria for TCS is

1. Minimum 60% in 10th 12th board exam.

2. CGPA of 6.75

3. No year gap between any two courses.

4. Good communication skill and Interpersonal skill.

But you can try other MNC companies like HCL,CTS,Wipro.
23rd March 2015, 04:41 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Yes you can attend TCS interview there are two methods for this.
1. On campus : if TCS is coming to your college from which you are doing your graduation then you can clear its examination and get placed through your college.

2. Off campus: if TCS is not coming to your college you have to fill its form from outside and get cleared its paper followed by interview then only you can join it.

Best of luck...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?