29th February 2016, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I change to Engineer if become a topper in B.Pharmacy at BIT?

Sir,
I want to know that if I am a B.Pharmacy student in BITs college and if I am topper in the campus in B.Pharmacy branch then will I get a chance to change my branch means can I go to Engineering branch?

29th February 2016, 07:08 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I change to Engineer if become a topper in B.Pharmacy at BIT?

BIT stands for Bachelor of Technology.
It is one of the best private university(Basically BITS Pilani) for B.Tech or other technical courses.

B.Pharmacy stands for Bachelor of Pharmacy.
B.Pharmacy and engineering is completely different and also in any colleges or university toppers are not allowed to study whatever they want. They also need to study their syllabus to maintain their supremacy in their subjects.

Students are not allowed to change from B.Pharmacy to B.Tech or B.E in between their courses.
So, if you want to become engineer then you should drop you current course and take admission in engineering course.
But, it will be better for you stick with B.Pharmacy and complete it. After completing B.Pharmacy, either pursue for higher education or you can take job or prepare for competitive examinations such as IPS,IAS or others.
29th February 2016, 07:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change to Engineer if become a topper in B.Pharmacy at BIT?

There is no such procedure to change your branch from B.Pharmacy to engineering in BITs. You have to continue with the same course if you want to study in the same institute.

Admission in engineering course from BIT is done through BITSAT and you have to appear for it again if you want to change the stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?