7th March 2014, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I get into MBBS as per my ranks?

Me a scheduled caste candidate,I got 11380 rank and local rank 324, can I get bachelor of medicine and bachelor of science seat

12th March 2014, 06:40 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get into MBBS as per my ranks?

Yes my dear friend you can get admission in MBBS as per your specific rank but you need to know that it also depend on cut off marks of the merit list .You need to be aware of many things before getting into MBBS.

The eligibility criteria for admission in any college or university in India is strictly based on rules and regulations of Medical council of India (MCI).The candidate who is aspiring to get admission in MBBS course in India must have passed the class twelfth examination with PCB 50% for general category and it should be 40% for the other backward classes.There is also an age criteria for admission in MBBS courses in India the candidate should have completed the age of 17 on or before the 31 December of the year of admission.

Now talking about the results of the competitive exam a student should be able to attain at least 50% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Biology for general category and for other backward classes the criteria falls down to 40% in the above stated subjects.And by looking and observing your rank in competitive exam I personally believe that you should be able to get admission in MBBS.Hope that the answer helped you.
12th March 2014, 06:47 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

It is difficult to answer your query as you have not mentioned either in which entrance you got these ranks nor from which state you belong.

At least these information would have brought a general idea and you could have got a more particular answer. Anyways I am still trying to give an answer to your question. Let us assume from your info that you have secured rank 11380 in a national level entrance exam like AIPMT etc.moreover you are a category student that means you can avail reservation at the time of admissions.

So if your general or overall rank is 11380 then your category rank will surely be better than this rank and you may be able to capture a seat in any one of the medical colleges of India as AIPMT conducts entrance for admissions into 15% of seats of all medical colleges in India. Further if your local rank means your State rank is 324 then it is quite feasible that you might a get a seat in MBBS course if there are at least 300 to 400 medical seats in total in all of the colleges of your State. The full form of the MBBS degree is Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery.
12th March 2014, 12:10 PM
govarthanvijay
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Can I get into MBBS as per my ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me a scheduled caste candidate,I got 11380 rank and local rank 324, can I get bachelor of medicine and bachelor of science seat
Dear MBBS Aspirant,

You need to be clear on your question - where did you score 11380 rank is that AIPMT or and state level entrance like EAMCET for AP.

And which state you belong to? the cut off ranking for categories differes for each state. and for Tamilnadu like states there is entrance they go with 12th standard marks in Bio, Phy & Chem.

You may call me for guidance on my mobile +919884309991.

Let me know what is your total marks and subject wise marks or scan and email your 12th/Inter mark sheet to [email protected].

We have 380+ medical colleges in India with 60000+ MBBS seats. if not also the oppurtunity to study MBBS in abroad is wide open.
Don't compromise your dream, reach beyond the comfort zone to achieve your goal.

Call me if you need any guidance.

Wish you all the best for your career!!!

Regards
Vijay
17th May 2014, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

I am an reserved catageory (sc) . I secured 22.5% in IPE how many marks i would score to get an seat in AU medical colleage
14th June 2014, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir...I got a rank of 2925 in kleu general category....do I hv a chance of getting a seat in mbbs
18th June 2014, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

my eamcet rank in medical is 2968.my local rank in su is 596.could you please tell me the possibility of securing a medicine seat
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?