15th June 2017, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I get microbiology honors in Xavier College, Kolkata?

I got 84 in biology, 87 in chemistry, 84 in physics and aggregate is 84%. Can I get microbiology honors in Xavier College, Kolkata?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission in St. Xavier's College, Kolkata for pursuing B.Com Honors? When is the entrance exam for the same?
  2. What is the minimum percentage required to get B.A English honors in St Xavier College in Kolkata
  3. Detailed admission procedure and percentage required in 12th AHSEC Science to study B.Sc(Microbiology) in St. Xavier's College, Kolkata?
  4. Admission in B.Com honours without Maths at St. Xavier's College?
  5. Cut off marks for english honors in St. Xavier College, Kolkata? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the available courses after BSc Hons Botany?
  7. Date of availability of forms of Physics Honors in St. Xavier College, Presidency College and Maulana Azad College?
  8. Can I get admission into St Xaviers Kolkata after scoring 91.75%?
  9. Top colleges offering BSc course in India?
  10. B.Sc Micro or B.Sc Evs which one is good?
  11. Can I have Economics and Journalism as my side pass subjects with honors in English in St Xaviers College? I have obtained 88% in English and 70% in total
  12. List of the colleges having placement cell for BSc Maths?
  13. What is the admission procedure followed for enrolling M.A in English at St.Xavier college, Kolkata?
  14. Detailed 2nd shortlist of B.A English Honors in St Xaviers college, Kolkata
  15. Is mathematics compulsory to include in top four subjects(like English) while calculating aggregate required in St. Xavier College,Kolkata? I've mathematics in class 12th in ISC board
  16. What type of questions are asked for getting admission in Xavier college for English Honors?
  17. What is the admission procedure for St. Xavier College Kolkata for bachelor in commerce course?
  18. When will the B.A honors 2nd list result will be out for St. Xavier's college, Ranchi?
15th June 2017, 05:57 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get microbiology honors in Xavier College, Kolkata?

Followings are the eligibility criteria for B.Sc Microbiology (Honours) in Xavier College:
>Candidates should have completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics as their compulsory subjects from a recognized university.
>Candidates should have scored 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and Mathematics.
>No candidate shall be eligible for admission after lapse of more than three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
Admission will be provided to the students on the basis of their board marks.

For more details, kindly visit http://www.sxccal.edu/admissions/SXCAdmission2014/UG2014/EligibilityCriteria.htm
15th June 2017, 06:43 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, I think you might get microbiology in the above mentioned college. You have scored good to get admission in some of the top colleges.

You should however apply for admission in Xavier's college, Kolkata and I am sure you will get admission and can continue with studies ahead in the above mentioned university.
15th June 2017, 07:31 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> St. Xavier's College is a private, co-educational college located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get microbiology honors in Xavier College, Kolkata after 84 in biology, 87 in chemistry, 84 in physics and aggregate is 84%.

=> B.Sc. Microbiology or Bachelor of Science in Microbiology is an undergraduate Microbiology course.

=> The duration of this course is three years.

=> For more information you can contact at given below address.

Address: 30, Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016
Phone: 033 2255 1171
15th June 2017, 09:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 84 in biology, 87 in chemistry, 84 in physics and aggregate is 84%. Can I get microbiology honors in Xavier College, Kolkata?
Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Xavier College, Kolkata in Microbiology.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 80% marks are eligible for admission in Xavier College, Kolkata.
17th June 2017, 12:07 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, the minimum percentage criteria in order to be eligible is 60% marks. The minimum educational qualification required for doing Bachelor's in Microbiology (Honors) in Xavier College, Kolkata is given below.

>> You must have done 12th Class from a recognized university.

>> The duration of Microbiology Hons course is 3 year undergraduate degree course.

>> As you have scored good marks in 12th Class, I am sure you are eligible to pursue this course at Xavier College, Kolkata

>> Compulsory Subjects in 10+2:
* Biotechnology or Biology
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Mathematics
17th June 2017, 12:28 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, it is very difficult to get a chance to study microbiology Honors course from Xaviers' College with the above percentage of marks. Generally, candidates with above 90% of marks, apply in the above mentioned college. So, it will be difficult to grab a seat in the above College. But still you can try with the above marks for a chance.
14th May 2018, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get to study microbiology in xaviers kolkata with an aggregate of 85?
15th July 2020, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

I don't have maths in 10 2 can I appear for bsc microbiology in st Xavier's Kolkata?
8th August 2020, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

I got 94 in Isc bio, with 90 in physics and overall percentage of 93. But as Xavier is considering pcmb marks for microbiology hons, my bio Mark's is reduced to 84. Can I get any chance?
24th June 2021, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

I don't have physics and maths but I have biology and chemistry (stream is bio science) can I study microbiology in st. Xavier's college kolkata??
28th January 2022, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

I got 82 in bio 75in physics 65 in chemistry 86in English 83 in Hindi in class 12th from bseb can I elegible to take admission in st Xavier's College Kolkata in bsc microbiology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?