11th August 2016, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Engineering after an incomplete B.Sc course?

Dear Sir, I have passed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with 72% marks. Now I am doing B.Sc but recently due to a physical problem, I could not continue my studies (B.Sc). Now I would like to join Engineering, Can I do this course with the above criteria?

11th August 2016, 09:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Engineering after an incomplete B.Sc course?

Yes, you are eligible to do Engineering course even if you have pursued some part of B.Sc. course and discontinued. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in Science stream or those who have passed Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised university are eligible to pursue Engineering course. Since, you have passed 12th standard, you can join Engineering course on basis of your 12th standard.
11th August 2016, 09:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue Engineering after completion of B.Sc course. The basic educational qualification required to pursue Engineering course is,

>> 12th Class in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are discontinued B.Sc course, you can pursue this Engineering course with the above mentioned eligibility criteria.

>> As you are done with 12th Class, I am very sure that you are eligible to pursue Engineering course.

>> But you are required to appear in Engineering Entrance Examination in order to get into Engineering course.
11th August 2016, 11:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I have passed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with 72% marks. Now I am doing B.Sc but recently due to a physical problem, I could not continue my studies (B.Sc). Now I would like to join Engineering, Can I do this course with the above criteria?
Yes, you can do engineering degree because you have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks.

Those who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for Engineering course. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
12th August 2016, 12:48 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, definitely you are eligible for Engineering course after B.Sc degree. You can select Engineering specialization based on your Graduation course. ( Say for example, If you studied B.Sc in Computer science, then you can select B.E or B.Tech in Computer Engineering or Information technology etc.)

Being a B.Sc student, you can directly enroll for 2nd B.Tech/B.E course through lateral entry. To get admission through Lateral entry, then it is mandatory that you must qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.
12th August 2016, 03:23 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is no problem in it, you can opt for admission in B.Tech course if you have not completed your B.Sc course as the minimum eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for B.Tech course is that the candidate should have completion of your 12th class examination from a recognized board.
13th August 2016, 12:17 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can join Engineering without completing B.Sc course on the basis of class 12th marks.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% marks in it are eligible to opt for Engineering courses.
Candidates need to appear in the Entrance Examination to take admission for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?