31st December 2015, 07:14 AM
Unregistered

Can i pursue Journalism course after scoring 40% marks in 10+2?

I want to do Journalism course. But i have got only 40% marks in my 10+2. So i want to know if i can still do the journalism course or not?

31st December 2015, 09:18 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i pursue Journalism course after scoring 40% marks in 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do Journalism course. But i have got only 40% marks in my 10+2. So i want to know if i can still do the journalism course or not?
Well, most of the colleges/universities demand at least 50% of marks at 12th board exam. So, it is hard to get admission for Journalism course through regular mode. Candidates who wish to seek admission in Journalism course through regular mode must have a aggregate of 50% in 12th board exam. You can get admission through Management quota or you can do Journalism course through distance or correspondence mode.
31st December 2015, 09:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed 12th standard with 40% marks so you are eligible for Journalism course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for graduation degree in Journalism.

Your age should be above 17 years.
31st December 2015, 10:29 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

It is tough to get admission in Journalism course with quite low aggregate in board examination.

To get admission in Journalism course or to appear for entrance examination to get admission minimum required aggregate is at least 55% in 10+2 board examination with English as main paper.

But, still some of state university offer admission to candidates who have passed 10+2 through entrance test. So, you can visit the university to get full details about admission procedure.

It is a three year course and after bachelor degree you become eligible for master degree.
31st December 2015, 03:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Journalism course after 10+2 board exams is that you must have done 10+2 board exams from a recognized board. Second important criteria is that you must have English as compulsory subjects in 10+2 board exams.

A candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in 10+2 board exams to be eligible for undergraduate courses in Journalism. You can not appear for entrance exams of some university or take admission on basis of percentage of marks in 10+2 as you have only 40% marks in 10+2.
31st December 2015, 06:06 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For getting admission in any good college to study journalist course you must have minimum of 60% marks in your 12th standard. However nowadays there are so many colleges in which you can get admission to study journalism with your current marks. If you have your real personal interest in Journalism then my suggestion to you is that you should fill improvement form for getting good marks in 12th standard. After that work hard and try to score at least 60% marks in your 12th class. Then you can apply for the admission in the Indian Institute of Mass Communication,Delhi or Xavier Institute of communication,Mumbai like well reputed colleges.
31st December 2015, 11:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage of marks required for doing journalism courses in 10+2 is 55% from a recognized board.

You can not take admission in any college for journalism course with 40% marks.
3rd June 2018, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i pursue Journalism course after scoring 40% marks in 10 2?

Can I pursue journalism course after scoring 55% marks in 10 2?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?