31st December 2015, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue Journalism after completing B.Sc. course?

I have achieved just 51% marks and complete my B.Sc. course. I got less marks because i was not really comfortable with the subject i was pursuing in B.Sc. So now i want to know if it possible for me to pursue Journalism now?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job in Journalism after completing of BSc?
  2. Courses in Journalism which can be done after B.Sc IT?
  3. How to pursue PG course in event management after completing graduation from BMM Journalism
  4. Where can i pursue TV journalism course in Pune?
  5. How to pursue a course in Journalism? I have finished my 12th standard CBSE in science
  6. What is the course fee of graduation in Journalism? -- [New]
  7. What are the chances of doing Journalism after Graduation in B.Sc. Science through distance mode?
  8. How can I join journalism after completing B.Com with 60% course?
  9. How to join Journalism course after completing BSc Life Science? Which are the best universities in India?
  10. When will the entrance exam star for mass communication colleges in Orissa?
  11. Information about BSc course? Is it possible to pursue MBBS after completing BSc? Eligibility criteria to apply for MBBS after completing BSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What should I choose, Journalism and Law, Law with Journalism?
  13. Which course should I pursue after graduation so that I could opt Journalism? What is the scope there? List of universities in London offering the course?
  14. Can I do Journalism after completing M.A degree? How much will I be paid?
  15. Requirements to pursue Masters course in Mass Communications and Journalism being a candidate of pursuing Bachelors course in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  16. Can I do Journalism after passing BSc Biotechnology
  17. What are the different medical exams available? I failed twice in medical entrance earlier.
  18. Can I get scholarship for doing MA in mass communication and journalism?
31st December 2015, 09:34 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue Journalism after completing B.Sc. course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have achieved just 51% marks and complete my B.Sc. course. I got less marks because i was not really comfortable with the subject i was pursuing in B.Sc. So now i want to know if it possible for me to pursue Journalism now?
Students who have secured over 50% marks in graduation can apply for the post graduation course in journalism. Any stream students are eligible to apply. However, first preference will be given to those who have completed Bachelor Degree in the journalism field. It is mandatory that you must qualify in the entrance exam conducted by institutes like IIMC, Asian School of Journalism, Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University etc. Admission will be on the basis of the score in the entrance exam as well as graduation marks.
31st December 2015, 09:58 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.A journalism if you are interested in pursuing the course.

The required eligibility to get admission in bachelor degree of journalism course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with English as main paper.

There is certain criteria on aggregate of 10+2 to get admission in some of university even few such as DU conducts entrance examination for admission of candidates in Journalism course.

You are not eligible to get admission in journalism course directly in PG without having bachelor's degree.
31st December 2015, 10:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can do journalism course because you have completed B.Sc degree.

Eligibility criteria for B.A.(Journalism & Mass Communications):-

1)If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board then you are eligible.

2)Your 12th standard marks must be above 50%.

3)Your age should be above 17 years.
31st December 2015, 05:18 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Journalism course but for this you need to first pursue bachelor degree in Journalism course.

The eligibility to pursue course from recognised university is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and have English as main paper to appear for entrance examination conducted for admission.

And after qualifying in entrance examination become eligible to get admission in B.A Jounalism and can shape your future as journalist.
9th March 2016, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.SC in 2014 with Geology hons.and now I want to post graduate with journalism.How can I do this in 2016 current year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?