13th March 2016, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I write Dr. in prefix of my name after completion of Bachelor of Occupational Therapy?

Dear Friends,
Can I write Dr. before my name after doing Bachelor of Occupational Therapy? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. B.ed can be done after B.O.T (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)? Should I go for correspondence B.Ed?
  2. Cost of pursuing Bachelor of Occupational Therapy?
  3. Colleges and their cut off marks along with fees for admission in Bachelor of Occupational Therapy?
  4. Career scope of Occupational Therapy? Courses available in Occupational Therapy? Best colleges in India offering these courses?
  5. List of universities which offer correspondence Bachelor of Occupational Therapy to BHMS Doctor?
  6. Can I write Dr Prefix after bachelor degree in Alternative Medicine?
  7. List of colleges which offer Bachelor of Occupational Therapy in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  8. Eligibility criteria and Annual Fee of Bachelor of Occupational Therapy course in India?
  9. Does the company allow to do M.E in distance while working in LnT infotech?
  10. Courses available to study in US for 12th Biology student?
  11. Does IP University offer Bachelor of Occupational Therapy? Eligibility criteria, course duration and fee expenses?
  12. Medical related courses for 12th ISC student?
  13. What is the scope of B.O.T? Which colleges offering this course in Tamil Nadu?
  14. Which are the best para medical courses? I am studying 12th science -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Medical courses available to study in Graduation for 12th PCB candidate except MBBS?
  16. What are the career options for me after scoring 58% marks? I am a student of science side
  17. Procedure to do OT after certificate course in Gyani?
  18. Possibility to study Bachelor of Occupational Therapy in The National Institute for Rehabilitation Training and Research, Cuttack for 12th PCM candidate?
16th March 2016, 06:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write Dr. in prefix of my name after completion of Bachelor of Occupational Therapy?

Occupational Therapy is an alternative way of treatment and you can surely use the prefix "Dr." with your name but in the bracket it should be clearly mentioned about your field.

There are different kind of doctors like Ayurvedic, Homeopathic, Unani, Physiotherapy etc. In the same way occupational therapy is also a field.
28th October 2017, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I write Dr. in prefix of my name after completion of Bachelor of Occupational Therapy?

Not officially. You are not a doctor in the subject. You don't have a PhD. But then most traditional doctors do not have a PhD either. 'Doctor', is that case is a complimentary title. Notice I didn't say, 'complementary'.

Dentists usually don't have a PhD either, but you often see 'Dr.Toothfix' or whatever on their brass nameplate outside their surgeries.

Just don't put your name with PhD after it...
5th July 2019, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Can dental doctor in 1st year of bachelor can use Dr prefix before name
16th October 2019, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I use the prefix Dr. Before my name after the completion of Bachelor of Occupational Therapy ?
20th November 2019, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed m.d.am course from IBAM shall i put as dr before my name
16th February 2020, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Occupational therapist cannot use the prefix of DR , But MBBS, BHMS, BPT(PT) ,BDS use the Prefix of Dr..
10th October 2020, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Can the certified Prosthetist and orthotics use prefix Dr. after completing their Bachelor's in prosthetics and orthotics?
13th May 2021, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Can i study to be a gp if iam an occupational therapist
3rd July 2021, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Can a Occupational therapist use Dr.before their name ?
15th August 2021, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I have been pass my 12th by 85% from PCB...I am interested in doing BOT bachelor in occupational therapy....what should i do further to do (BOT)...I want some ideas...?
28th June 2022, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Can a Occupational therapist have rights to open an Clinic and treat the patient there?
1st March 2023, 07:27 AM
Unregistered

If you don't have a doctorate, you're not a doctor of anything -- so no, you do not call yourself doctor. Why would anyone--much less several people--think that you could call yourself Dr. with a Bachelor's degree?

I mean, you could call yourself emperor of the universe, but it don't make it true.
18th June 2023, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

How can i get dr title after occupational therapy
10th July 2023, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Can MSc Yoga & Health Sciences prefix Dr With his name
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?