3rd June 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Commerce background student can apply for Bachelor in IT or not?

I am a 12th passed student from commerce. I want to take admission in B.Com and want to apply for Bachelor in IT. So, tell me that can I do so or not?

4th June 2016, 08:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce background student can apply for Bachelor in IT or not?

After completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream, you can pursue your higher studies in B.Com course but, you are not eligible to do B.E (IT) course. To be eligible to study B.E (IT) course, you must have passed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued your 12th standard with PCM stream, you are not eligible to do B.E (IT) course. So, I suggest you to apply for admission in B.Com course after completion of your 12th standard.
4th June 2016, 09:18 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 12th passed student from commerce. I want to take admission in B.Com and want to apply for Bachelor in IT. So, tell me that can I do so or not?

Sorry, it is very difficult to study B.Sc in IT with commerce background.
The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects. It is difficult to get a seat in any college with commerce background. You can choose B.Com or BBA or BBM or BA courses.
4th June 2016, 10:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IT field courses you must have maths at class 12th level. If you have studied commerce stream along with maths as one of the subject then surely you will be eligible for IT degree courses.

Hence, apply if you fulfill the above criteria. If not then look for only B.Com course in a reputed college.
4th June 2016, 11:33 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue Bachelor in IT.

The minimum academic criteria required to pursue bachelor in IT is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized board of education.

Being a commerce background in class 12, one cannot apply for Bachelor in Information technology course.
5th June 2016, 02:51 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for the above mentioned course as you have not studied science at your +2 level. You should have studied science at your +2 level to be eligible for the above mentioned course. You can however opt for B.Com course and can continue with your studies ahead.
5th June 2016, 09:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed 12th standard with commerce subject, so you are not eligible for B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc in IT.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized board are eligible for Bachelor in IT course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?