14th July 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give GATE Exam after completion of Graduation in B.Com?

Sir, can i gve gate exam after graduation in b.com..?

9th March 2013, 04:20 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give GATE Exam after completion of Graduation in B.Com?

No, it is not possible. Bachelor degree in engineering is required to apply for GATE. M.Sc holders can also apply. As you are from commerce background, you can try for courses like M.Com and CA. ICWA is another suitable program.
9th March 2013, 06:06 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give GATE Exam after completion of Graduation in B.Com?

hi,
you can not join GATE exam after b.com.

GATE exam stands for graduate aptitude test in engineering.

GATE exam is conducted to join m.tech course.

gate exam is conducted for engineering students

---GATE EXAM ELIGIBILITY;-
1-you must be a engineering students.

2-there is no age limit for gate exam.

dear, think about your career option after b.com

thank you............................
9th March 2013, 07:53 PM
Akash_babu

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible to give GATE Exam after completion of Graduation in B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No you are not eligible for it because GATE full form is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering so as the name suggests you should be of engineering background to apply it.

The following categories of
candidates are eligible to appear in
GATE:

1.Bachelor degree holders in
Engineering/ Technology/
Architecture (4 years after 10+2)/
Computer application and those
who are in the final year of such
programmes.

2.Master degree holders in any
branch of Science/ Mathematics/
Statistics/ Computer Applications
or equivalent and those who are in
the final or pre-final year of such
programmes.
9th March 2013, 08:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry B.Com Graduates can not apply for GATE. So you are simply not eligible for it.

For GATE one must have following qualification:

Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2)

OR
Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent

Hence you are a Commerce Graduate means you don't have any chance of applying for the examination.

There are other options for you like MBA, M.Com etc if you want to study higher.

You can also apply for Government jobs based on your Graduation like Civil Services, SSC, Bank Exams etc. But you have to be prepared for these exams then only you will have any chance of getting the job.

If you opt for M.Com then after M.Com you can apply for UGC NET for becoming lecturer in Colleges.

For MBA you have to apply for entrance like CAT, MAT, GMAT etc. If you get good score then only you will get your choice of college.

9th March 2013, 09:35 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

No you can't be eligible for gate
Eligibility for GATE :
1. Student must have 4years Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture after the 12th class.
2. The final year students belonging to any of the above course can also apply.
3. Student having Master’s degree in any of the braches like Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent can also apply.
4. The final year students perusing above courses are also eligible.
all the best.........
9th March 2013, 10:37 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IIT's.

Eligibility criteria are as follows.....

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

List of best books from where you can prepare for Gate exam......

Good luck..........
9th March 2013, 11:39 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the GATE exam. Because You need to complete the Graduation in Engineering.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam conduct for the admission of M.tech.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should be an Indian.

You should complete the Graduation in Engineering.

Final year pursuing candidate should be eligible to write the GATE Exam.

Third pursuing candidate not eligible to the GATE Exam.

No percentage required for the GATE exam.

No age limit required for the GATE Exam.

No limit of Attempts required for the GATE Exam.

All the best.................
10th March 2013, 09:00 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not apply for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) entrance exam. As the name suggest this entrance exam is for engineering students. Those who have completed B.Tech and now want to do M.Tech, appear for the GATE entrance exam.

To make it simple, GATE is the entrance exam for admission in Master of Technology course. You have completed Bachelor of Commerce thus not eligible for the GATE entrance exam.

Commerce graduates can not take admission for M.Tech. You should instead try for M.Com or Chartered Accountancy course. For CA, you will first have to clear the Common Proficiency Test. While there are also entrance exams for M.Com admission.

The other possibility would be doing MCA. If you had English as a subject in 12th of graduation then Master of Computer Applications is another great option for you. After completing MCA you can appear for the GATE entrance exam but only if you are not being able to find a job.

Master of Business Administration is another great course option. If you completed graduation with 50 percent marks then apply for the Common Admission Test (CAT) and if scored well, you can take admission in Indian Institute of Management. Other option would be Management Aptitude Test (MAT). This entrance exam is for candidates who have scored low marks in graduation and still want to do MBA course.

But please remember that GATE is not the option for you. To apply for GATE you must have completed either B.Tech, M.Sc or MCA. No one else can apply for GATE. There is no issue of percentage to appear for GATE. Neither there is any limit on number of attempts. The GATE score is only valid for 2 years after which you will have to appear once again.
10th March 2013, 09:45 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering.This examination is conducted every year by the Indian Institute of technology for the master's degree in technology.

The eligibility criteria for the GATE exam are as follows:

>>Candidates having bachelor's degree in engineering /technology /architecture or in final year of these courses are eligible for the GATE exams

or Master's degree holder in science/mathematics/statistics or computer applications are eligible for the GATE exams.

So dear after completion of bachelor's degree in commerce ,you are not eligible for the GATE exams.

If you are really interested in giving GATE exams then you will have to do master's degree in mathematics,computer applications/statistics for being eligible for the GATE exams.

Hope the information provided by me helps you.

If you have any further query then you can leave your message here.

all the best for your future.

aashisranjan784
10th March 2013, 11:10 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Absolutely not, being a Commerce Graduate you are not eligible for GATE which is only meant for Engineering Graduate.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs and other reputed Institutions.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Engineering Degree or pass in any stream from a recognised University, can only be eligible to apply for GATE.
12th March 2013, 08:37 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering.

The GATE Examination is conducted every year by the 7 Indian institutes Of Technology and the Indian Institute Of Science - Bangalore.

To be eligible for the GATE Exam , you need to have the following qualifications :

a) You should have completed B.Tech/B.E. in any stream from any recognized college/university.OR,

b) You should have completed Masters Degree in any stream from any recognized university.

c) Candidates in Final year of such courses are also eligible.

d) There should not be any pending backlogs.

So , as per your current educational qualifications , you are ineligible for the GATE Exam.

If you want to appear in the GATE Exam , then you have to complete Masters Degree first.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th March 2013, 12:56 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

eligibility for GATE exam

books to be referred

12th March 2013, 07:23 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for GATE examination at present time. First of all, you complete your post-graduation, then you can be eligible for GATE examination.

Indian Institute of Science- Bangalore and Seven Indian Institutes of Technology conduct GATE examination every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the GATE examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any discipline from any recognized university. or,

* Completion of B.E./B.Tech in any discipline from any approved college or university.

* No pending backlogs.

* Final year contendors are also eligible for this examination.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
13th March 2013, 11:17 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

8th April 2013, 10:25 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

Eligibility for gate exam

How to calculate gate score

books to be referred for gate

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?