14th January 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

What should I do for IAS? I am a commerce background student and pursuing B.Com computers

Sir,i am from commerce background,and persuing b.com computers,I am in 4th sem. so what should i do for IAS?

Related Questions:
  1. Is MBA in Port and Shipping a good course for commerce background students? What are the job opportunities available after completing the course?
  2. List of coaching classes in Allahabad for preparation of IAS exam? Pursuing B.Com helps me for IAS exam?
  3. Which course is a better choice for me between BBA and B.Com after completion of 12th Class with Commerce and Computers?
  4. Best colleges for BCA for commerce background? I am a student of class 12th commerce
  5. Am I eligible for IAS exam pursuing B.SC in Stat. Computers?
  6. Is it true that very few are selected from commerce stream in IAS?
  7. What are the chances for me of getting Job being a candidate of pursuing PGDBA in Finance in Distance Learning without having Commerce background?
  8. Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for 12th Commerce student?
  9. Can I pursue my Masters in Economics after graduating from BCom Hons..?
  10. How can I become an IAS officer while studying in 12th commerce
  11. Can I get admission to study BCA in JNU if pursuing 12th Commerce without Maths? -- [New]
  12. Eligibility for studying correspondence in BSc computers
  13. How should I prepare for IAS exam? I have done BSc computers
  14. Which subjects to choose for IAS prelims if I am a B.Com student? Do I need any coaching for that?
  15. What should I do to become an IAS officer? I am a student of class 11th commerce
  16. How can I prepare for IAS examination commerce background?
  17. Can a student from commerce background do PG from NIFT in Fashion Designing?
  18. Can B.Com(Hons) students pursue C.A in SRCC college? -- [Most Discussed]
15th January 2013, 10:24 AM
nitishtrifid

Default Re: What should I do for IAS? I am a commerce background student and pursuing B.Com computers

Hello Dear,

Don't take extra tension. to appearing IAS exam you way is correct. After graduation or appearing last year of graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS exam is also known as CSAT exam this exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year
Eligibility Criteria is
There are minimum educational qualification is Graduate any stream from any recognized university.
final year candidate are also eligible for this exam

Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years
Age relaxation for OBC 3 year and SC/ST 5 years.
For PH candidate 10 year age relaxation

Attempts

For General 4
For OBC 7
For SC/ST No Limit

Best Of Luck
25th January 2013, 09:10 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What should I do for IAS? I am a commerce background student and pursuing B.Com computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,i am from commerce background,and persuing b.com computers,I am in 4th sem. so what should i do for IAS?

What to do to become IAS Officer

Candidates who wish to become IAS officers must clear the Civil Services Exam which is conducted every year by the UPSC..

Candidate must have the following qualifications :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..3,5 and 10 years of age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST and PD candidates respectively..

>> Candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized institute in any stream..

You can appear for the Civils when you enter your 6th sem(if its a 3 year course..)

There are 3 stages in the Civil Services Exam :-

>> CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)
>> Mains
>> Interview Round

CSAT :- will consist of 2 objective papers based on aptitude and general awareness..

MAins :- will test you on the basis of 9 subjective papers..

Interview Round

Go through the list of optional subjects as well as the examination pattern of the Mains that I have attached for your reference..

You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in

The forms of the CSAT 2013 shall be available from 2nd February,2013 to 4th March,2013

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 64 views)
26th January 2013, 12:40 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I do for IAS? I am a commerce background student and pursuing B.Com computers

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Service.

To be an IAS officer, you will have to appear for the civil service examination, which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure of civil service examination are mentioned as below:-

* CSAT examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

You can appear for civil service examination when enter your 6th semmester.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil service examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and 10 yrs for PWD contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
26th January 2013, 12:42 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Service.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts the civil service examination every year.

Through passing the civil service examination, you can become an IAS officer.

The selection procedure of the civil service examination are mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil service examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Nationality- Indian.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and 10 yrs for PWD contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?